Pip review

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have put a review in for pip as my condition has gotten worse. If i am turned down for my review will i lose my original pip claim

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, when your award pip end ? 
    • Posted

My pip doesnt end until 2016 but as my condition has got a lot worse i have rang pip to tell them of my change and so they sent me a form asking in what way it had worsened which ive told them and sent documentation in off docter telling them i now have a carer which i didnt before, im lucky they have got me an appointment for this saturday to review my condition . But if they say they dont think my condition has got any worse will they stop paying me my original payment
    • Posted

Don't think they will stop it , but can you get them to do home visit as your condition has worsen , and you got a career , honest if I was in your shoes I would ask for them to visit me at home or wait till the end of 2016 , Ian Duncan smith is changing everything . Let's hope everything go well ,call cab tomorrow early and have some advice about your pip if they change it or keep it as it is 
    • Posted

I do have an home visit it was there idea to come to mine as they know i cant walk
    • Posted

By the way i dont have a career im on esa i have been for 14mths now
    • Posted

Hi Dawn

As mentioned you have to satisfy the conditons to receive PIP which is a lot harder to get than DLA. As you have a Carer get her to submit a statement and give the assessor a diary and don't forget any aids you might need.

• Posted

My carer is my husband so he is with me 24/7 he has sent a statement with my review and i rely on him for everything even washing and dressing me last time i had a visit to asses me i didnt have a carer.

I was expecting to have a longer wait than this so am very suprised but pleased just a little worried that they will stop the pip altogether if my review is unsuccessful

• Posted

Dawn just remember they are assessing you from the moment you meet the health care professional (the assessor). Take or have your husband carer with you and make sure he helps you stand up and walk if requested, no heroics and trying to do it yourself.

Ask your husband to give an examples of what he does for you on a day to day basis concentrating on the Personal Care (meal prepartation, washing/bathing, dressing etc.). If there is something like budgeting which you can do without help then conceed that quickly as it enhances your credability.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.