PIP review

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone, I'm new here but have a question. I had my assessment on Monday which lasted less than 10 minutes. Just a few questions asked about my mobility. I had said in the PIP review forms that it's got worse. I currently claim standard in both parts. Well Wednesday i got a text saying the have all the info they need. Yes afternoon i got a phone call from the DM telling me that the AP has stated in her report that your mobility has got considerably worse. I said yes it has. He asked when did it become worse. I said about 9 months ago. I didn't bother reporting this because i knew my review wasn't far off. He said ok thank you for the info. You'll recieve a letter with a decision in about 7 days. Today i rang DWP and was told a decision has been made and letter has been sent out but they couldn't tell me what the decision was because it wasn't on the computer rolleyes is this normal? Does it usually take a while for their systems to update with all the info on. Sorry to ask this but with the weekend now here, i'm nervous and anxious. Thanks for any replies.

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I would agree entirely, a Motability car can be a godsend.

​I have utmost sympathy for those that bought their own their own car instead of going the Motability route - using the DLA mobility award to pay for the finance of it. Then they lose the award altogether and are then left for years to come having to fund all of the running costs out of a much depleted level of income and all the while their disability stills remains but is not recognised any longer by the DWP.

• Posted

Got my award letter this morning, finally it seems real. A nice little surprise along with it in the form of some back dated money in my back tomorrow. This will be perfect to pay for the down payment needed for my new car. Excited for Friday to be going to test drive and ordering that. Hopefully it won't take too long. Would be nice to have that ready for xmas :D Not the greatest way to have a new car but when you struggle with mobility what else can you do....

• Posted

I agree, I have had mine just over a week and only been out in it a couple of times, having a rough time, think its the cold and wet, going out tomoz to PT and drs later great LOL better than taxi or wheelchair though

Mind will have choccy cake and latte coffee at hospital so not all bad

• Posted

Congrats Denise!

I wrote in reply to Alexandria about my sitcho! We were lucky enough to have ordered my Mums car about two weeks ago and we are picking it up next Tuesday. We weren't fussy about the colour we had (on Mums strict orders 'as long as it isn't white'wink and I think that worked in our favour as the next Kadjar that came in wasn't white.

Best of luck with your test drive and I hope you enjoy it - always have a good look around as test drives are free! Let us know how you like the car and get on xx

• Posted

Thanks Tori, I'm goin Friday with an open mind. My car won't need any adaptions just needs to be automatic. I'm not bothered on the colour as long as it's not black. Would like a sat nav though. I'm planning on test driving 2 cars. 2 weeks is fast! I really hope i can have mine that quick.

• Posted

To be honest i don't go out very often. My health stops me doing that but knowing i have a car outside that will get me to where i want to go and give me some fredom when i want it feels good. Did it take long to get your car? Good luck at the hospital and enjoy that coffee and cake.

• Posted

Good morning Denise, I was very lucky in that the only car suitable for me on motability was available to pull from Sweden, it was already built, I had to have one with a large door aperture and an electric front seat as I struggle to get my left leg in and out of the car, I had to pay for it but its well worth it, I actually tried about 8 cars but this was the best choice.

I waited two weeks, good because the cost of taxis to and from hospital etc was redicolouse.

I hope you get something that adds to your quality of life.

I haven't been out much in her but going to have a ride today after physio, that's if she's not too rough again

• Posted

Good morning Alexandria, I've been looking online at the Suzuki Vitara and the fiat 500L and fiat 500X. The fiat 500L being my first choice actually have a test drive booked for tomorrow morning. The vitara looks nice also and been thinking of calling the dealers this morning to test drive that as well. I thought it would be nice to compare at least 3 then i can choose the best option for me. Enjoy going out in your new car today and hope you have a great day.

• Posted

Hi Denise, just come back from physio, hard one so no jaunty today, she's a hard taskmaster so feel completely drained, will see if I feel better later, lovely car but she has to be patient LOL I think that your right to check out a few cars before you choose, you can't change it if you decide its the wrong one can you.

Its absolutely throwing it down here hope its better for everyone else.

Happy car searching :-)

• Posted

How on earth can you manage working with a physio? I went once at the suggestion of my GP - I lasted 5 mins after which I had to hobble back out of the room. Incidentally the DWP felt that in those 5 mins I must have been able to fully function as they took no notice of the fact when I told the assessor what has happened during one of my many DLA face to face assessments.
    • Posted

I totally agree Le's I think she has been paid by DWP to kill me, its supposedly to keep a good blood flow in bad leg, and ease strain on good one but all I know is it truly let's me know exactly what real pain is.

• Posted

snap!!!!

?That was why I was sent. I had complained to my GP after suffering for months of extreme pain in my right leg (thigh and calf), It was suggested that I could do with some exercises to improve the blood flow - it made the leg worse, not better.

Anyhow fast forward another 3 weeks of agony only to wake up at about 3am one morning wanting the leg chopped off. My wife rang 111, they went through  few things, was the right leg a different colour to the left - yes, did it look waxy - yes and the colour of the foot? - white, warm or cold? - cold.

Then told to get myself off to A&E immediately.

?Arrived at 4.10am to be greeted by a buxom nurse telling me off for coming in with cramp.

?Cramp my backside I told her.

?Then off she went and came back with what looked like a radio with a microphone attached. She started at the groin - no pulse, then the back of the knee - no pulse, then the ankle - no pulse and finally the foot - no pulse.

?Well things went into overdrive and within 2 hours I was in theatre having the contents of the artery of the right leg from foot to thigh being cleaned out.

?Seems that for months I had Peripheral Arterial Disease and that my leg came quite close to having to be removed.

?I still have it in the left but manage to cope with that.

?When I went back to the GP with my discharge letter he seemed surprised that he had missed it for all these months and was extremely sorry that he had sent me to the physio!!

Be Warned! 

• Posted

Yea they don't always get it right, one cold foot rings alarm bells, sure sign that its circulation or not LOL

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.