Pip review

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all wondering if someone can help me out I have been awarded pip since Feb 2016 until 2018, for some reason I just pulled my letter out too recap on things and I've noticed that it says they will contact me on June 17 too make sure I'm receiving the right level off pip, can anyone tell me how they contact you ? And if it's another face too face ? And also will I still recieve my money until 2018 if they said I'm awarded until then ? Thanks in advance i hope someone out there can help me im stressing out here.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

This means they'll contact somewhere near June this year for a review. You'll be sent a review form ( much shorter than the first form you had to fill in) The process is still the same. You'll need to send in evidence to support your claim. If anything has got worse you'll need to state this and tell them why it's got worse and when. You'll most likely be called for another face to face assessment exactly like the first time. If you're refused you PIP money will stop and won't continue until June 2018. If you're awarded it then you'll have a new award date and your payments will continue. I know the date to contact you is 1 year before your award ends but everyone gets reviewed 1 year before their award is due to end. They do they just incase there's any backlog. I'd advice you to start to gather some evidence now so you'll be a less stressed as possible when the time comes.

• Posted

Hi Denise thanks for your reply I appreciate it ohh God I didn't know this was going too happen I thought that was me until 2018 although I have nothing too hide so I have still got evidence too back me up nothing has changed my condition is still just the same, I absolutely hate the fact that I need too go through all this again it was a stressful time first time round, I really hope I get my year cartied on as I benifit from it now if it was too be taking away in such a short space of time I'd be gutted 😔😔😔 thanks again for your help I might as well jyst start saving the rest thr next three months lol.

• Posted

Hello Claire

I have just had to go through the same process myself . My PIP ran out at the beginning of March this year. For some reason I didn't get a letter from them a 12 month ago and it was myself who contacted them in January this year! If they don't write to you in June please ring them and tell them you haven't heard anything. They told me a letter was sent but must have got lost in the post?? Yes it is very stressful having to go through it all again but alas, we are at their mercy.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply im glad I looked at it again but gutted at the same time known I might not have it another year can you tell me what your process was ? My circumstances haven't changed and I can't remember word for word what I wrote on my previous form xx

• Posted

Hi Claire,

I've had a PIP review last year, the form they send you is much shorter and easier fill in. There's questions but the answers are a choice between, improved, no change or got worse. As you said your condition is the same just tick the no chang box. For Daily Living my condition had stayed the same, i ticked that box and didn't put any explanation because there was nothing to put. For Mobility i'd got worse so ticked that box and put why i'd got worse in the box. They look at your very first PIP2 form and use the evidence sent from that. It stated on the letter i recieved a list of evidence they wanted to see and a list they didn't want to see, the evidence i sent last time was on the "don't want to see list" evidence they do want to see is anything within the last 2 years only, so anything except appointment letters will be great. Even though your condition hasn't changed please do send in more evidence to support your claim. Again most people need to have another assessment at the review which is exactly the same assessment as the first time. My mobility had got worse so it was questions about that i was asked at mine. Even though your condition hasn't changed i would still expect to have to attend a face 2 face assessment. It's still not a walk in the park as they say and even though your condition has stayed the same i have heard that people have lost what they already have as mad as that sounds. Hopefully the decision will go in your favour and your award will stay the same.

• Posted

Hi ClaireBee

If you were told youve been given the PIP till 2018  then it should be 2018. Then why contact you June 2017!   Ive heard of this being done, they are sending these letters out  long before the expiry date then if you dont qualify stopping the payments before the date they originally said you have it for. !  The only way to view this is if  your circumstances havnt changed or got worse then they should give it to you again surley. .  

• Posted

From what l hear Susan they will send out the PIP renewal letter a year before your award is ending sadly.
    • Posted

Yes i'm afraid everyone gets contacted 1 year before their award ends. If they decide they no longer qualify then the award ends, it doesn't continue till the original date. It's the way they work PIP unfortunately.

• Posted

Oh how grossly unfair is that, why give a date then act a few months sooner, shouldnt be allowed, imagine if the car tax people decided after youd paid a years worth of car tax to notify you 6 months before it expired and said youve got to renew earlier! 
    • Posted

i know what you mean yes. I believe it's something to do with just incase there's a backlog and it takes a while to go through the process.

• Posted

Yeah definitely it is so stress full and soul destroying that you think yor getting it for two years but really it might only b 1cause they contact you 1 year before it its terrible xx
    • Posted

Ita a joke honest these people out there that aren't even I'll or have anything wrong and we are the ones that are genuine and might End up with nothing it's disgusting xx

• Posted

I wouldn't say there's people out there who are playing the systemt. To be fair there's so much less chance of doing that with PIP than there was with DLA. There's a lot of people that look perfectly fine, myself included but that's certainly not the case on the inside with me!!

• Posted

Yes indeed Denise people tend to make inaccurate and often prejudiced assumptions just by looking at the person on the outside as l like you have very considerable problems hidden from view but alas that never stops ignorant prejudiced people forming their view of me sadly. 
    • Posted

I'm not saying everyone does it but I know people that has it and they have personally told me they just done it for extra money I'm not judging anyone by looking at myself you wouldn't think anything was wrong with me all am saying is the people that deserve it seems too not get it that's all.!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.