PIP review

Posted , 3 users are following.

As I said in a previous post I had my review nearly 2 weeks ago.

Today I had my text saying that they have received my paperwork at DWP I have just rang and they are sending out the copy today, she did say even though they can send it it might not always be exact as the accessor can ask capita to expand on their answers, I still said send it as otherwise I would have to wait for the decision and then ask for it if I have to do an MR but it does say that it can take 6 weeks to complete and for me to get decision.

So even if I read the report and it looks OK it could still mean I'm refused.

At least I will have a rough idea I think

Hope everyone is enjoying this gorgeous weather

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It's actually extremely rare for them to go against the report. It can happen but not often. It's the same for ESA and PIP. I've had 3 PIP reports and 3 ESA reports in 7 years and not once have they gone against what's recommended.

I requested my daughters PIP report on Thursday last week and received it on Saturday. Paper based for her this time and recommendation of Enhanced for both, which is the same as she's got now. I will fully expect the decision to be the same.

Hopefully yours will be too. When you receive it look online for the PIP descriptors and compare those dots/ticks to see what you scored. I used the PIP self test to compare my daughters. Good luck and let us know what the recommendations are. xx

• Posted

Fingers crossed for you, hope all goes well.

I'm already dreading my reviw and it's not until November 2020.

Makes the whole process more stressful, I've been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis since I was awarded but haven't reported that I'm worse because I'm too worried about losing what I have 😱.

Take care

Wendy 😘 xx

• Posted

I know what you mean about the waiting and not knowing it is stressful but I made up my mind that I couldn't change the end result by constantly stressing but it has had physical effects on my body definitely, I have RA diagnosed about 15 years ago and the stress aggravates it but as I have gotten older it's worse anyway so I try not to worry till I know what I have to worry about.

If reporting it doesn't increase your pip why would you because having a new diagnostic result doesn't mean it will definitely alter it, it's how not what so I would wait

• Posted

Can't remember if you posted this Monday or Tuesday lol. Wondered if you've received that report yet? Thinking of you and hope you receive a good report. xx

• Posted

So I have just had a conversation with pip

I am told that from now on they will not send out the report before the decision is made

So whatever happens now you will have to wait for the result to be sent out to you then you can ask for a copy of capitas or assos report

I can sort of see where they are coming from but it means a longer wait to know.

I was told mine will be sent out within the next couple of weeks

• Posted

You were advised incorrectly. They do still send out the reports before a decision is made. It just really depends on who you speak to. Plenty of people receive the report before a decision has been made and the rules certainly haven't changed.

• Posted

OK I have just had a conversation with a lovely lady who said I will probably hear in about another 8 weeks eeeek oh well what can I say and i still haven't had a report

• Posted

Add on, this morning I received a letter from DWP to say they have now got all the necessary documentation to look at my claim, so hopefully it want be quite so long

Hope everyone else is coping OK with the weight

• Posted

I received the same letter saying they have all the information for my daughters claim 2 weeks ago and still no decision's been made.

There's no time scales to any decisions. Even though i've seen the report for her, it's still frustrating that no decision's been made yet but there's nothing any of us can do. Hopefully it won't be too much longer but i know how you feel about the wait...

xx

• Posted

I know, she did say that they have backlogs which are taking quite some time to shift

I suppose no news is good new erm

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.