PIP Review

Posted , 4 users are following.

Evening All,

I do believe i am due my PIP review early next year and have a couple of questions going around in my head (my OCD)!

I currently get standard rate Care for PIP and no mobility, my conditions are as follows, however they only concentrated on the Fibro in the assessment:

Fibromyaligia

Depression & Anxiety

Severe Sleep Disturbance

1. I am currently being investigated for Bipolar, which has had a massive impact on my day to day life, do i need to add this on the review form?
  2. If i am called for an assessment, do they just base it on one condition or all of them?
  3. Can i get any help with filling out my forms, as I am no good with trying to put words on paper, due to my concentration levels from the depression

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Kind Regards

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

PIP reviews now take place 6 months before the award is due to end and not 12 months before like thay used to. I don't know if you're aware of that?

When they do send you the form you need to list all of your conditions and not just some of them. Remember though that PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

Ignore the short version form, you should treat this as a new claim and put as much information as possible on that form about how your conditions affect you. When i filled out my daughters review form last time i also added a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time she attempted that activity for each descriptor that applied to her. Remember the more information you put the better your chances will be of being awarded.

You should expect a face to face assessment because most people have them, it's rare to have a paper based assessment. During the assessment you'll need to verify what you wrote on the form as well as additional information they ask you.

Send evidence with the form to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this. If you don't have evidence then i'd advise you to start to gather some now.

For help with filling out the form then it will depend on what's available in your local area. CAB, welfare rights or a law centre will all help you, if they have available appointments.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.