PIP REVIEW

Posted , 2 users are following.

could anyone help with tips for a PIP review please. Never done before. Sent me a letter saying wouldn't take place till April next year but sent it anyway

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HI,

All claims whether they are first time or a review should be classed as a new claim by all claimants. This means that you need to fill out the form with as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

I don't advise you to just put "no change" or stayed the same. There's usually very little room to add all the information so use extra sheets of paper but make sure you add your name and NI number to everything you send.

Take a look through all your evidence to make sure that nothing contradicts each other. If it doesn't state how your conditions affect you then think to yourself, do i really need to send this? I don't advise to send in huge amounts of evidence because less is very often more.

Face to face assessments are still suspended and telephone assessments have taken there place. Most people are having telephone assessments, very few people have paper based assessments.

If you need more time to return the form then ring DWP to ask for extra time. Do make sure though that you post it with plenty of time to spare because post going to DWP has the same mail sorting process as post leaving there and it can take 10 working days for it to be added to the computer and it's not classed as arriving until this is done. Proof of posting is all you need, which is free from any post office.

There's no timescales for any decision. I'd advise you to expect the telephone assessment because most have them. If you manage a paper based assessment then it's a bonus.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise

Thank you for your reply.

Could you tell me why you would advise against putting that there has been no change if there has not been a change?

Would I be likely to have an assessment for a review.

Also I recieved a letter saying that I would not have an assessment until April 21?

• Posted

Putting just "no change" isn't going to help your claim at all. No change to what? it doesn't tell them anything at all. If you do this then a telephone assessment is guaranteed.

Are you sure the letter you received said you wouldn't have an assessment until April? Or did the letter say your claim is extended until April 2021? I can only assume it said your award is extended until 2021. Reviews were suspended for 3 months during lockdown and no new forms were sent out at all so the backlogs are going to be huge, it may take a while for a decision to be made on your claim. As you've received the form you have to fill it in and return it, otherwise your PIP will end.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Yes it said extended till April

Nothing has changed since my last assessment . So should I tick that nothing has changed and then put all the same info i put last time? Is that what you mean.

• Posted

No problem. Well your award has been extended until April, this doesn't mean your review was supposed to be April as well. Your review is due now. If it was April then your award would have ended before a decisions made on the review.

There's no boxes to tick on the form you received, if it was the PIP review form (AR1) it's questions to answer. There's guides online that will help you with them, just google it. Links can't be added here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.