Pip review and new doctor

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm currently filling in a pip review form for my son, when he first claimed pip after dla ended his doctor was different to the one he sees now, the practice has become a group practice and although his original doctor is still there my son now sees a different doctor as we feel he's a better doctor, question is should I put a note in or on the pip review form so they know which Dr he actually sees, or with it being a group practice if they contact the doctors will it get to the right dr

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You should put the GP he sees down on the form. However they very rarely contact anyone for evidence so please make sure you send evidence to support his claim when you send the form back. Good luck.

• Posted

As it's one of the new shorter review forms there's not actually a place for Dr name so I was going to write a short note and attach it to the form, do you think that will be ok

• Posted

Yes, that's fine. I would also put as much info down on the form as possible. Attach notes on seperate paper if you have too. The more info they have the better. Don't be fooled by those review forms because the chances of another assessment are very high as most have them even for a review. The whole process is exactly the same as the first time.

• Posted

On the first page it asks to give consent to contact doctors etc, as I'm his appointee and all his letters from DWP come adressed to me do I sign the consent for them to get information or does my son have do this? Also I would like to thank you for all the help you have given to me and others on here, just thought I should let you know how much it's appreciated

• Posted

You have to sign it, that's why you're his appointee. If your son signed it they wouldn't accept it. I know it says to give consent to contact doctors etc but please do bear in mind, it's extremely rare for them to do this. Please make sure you send evidence to support his claim.

That's very kind of you, thank you. You are most welcome!! If you need any further advice along the way, just shout. I'm sure i'll be here somewhere smile

• Posted

As you always are Denise.  You are a mind of information and such a help to everyone with your advice x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.