Pip review form

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi. can i send my pip review form by recorded delivery or do I just use the Free post envelope it came with..

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alan02332.

I'm currently in the process of applying for pip and rang yesterday to ask for more time to send the form back as I've not been well and also had a flareup. The lady I spoke to was very nice and I was given more time but she advised that dwp are having delays with the second class post sometimes taking 2-3 weeks to get to them. Thinking on it she may have meant days but she said weeks and advised I send mine registered/ nextday delivery she also said as its personal information at least you know its gone to the right place.

I'm on Esa and recently returned a review form via next day signed for and could track it so I know they received it by the due date. Sorry I can't remember how much it cost, think around £4. I have been told in the past that it can take quite a few days for the forms to reach the actual department dealing with it but not sure if that was Esa or when I was on tax credits when I was working. I know with our first class post just for cards etc it sometimes takes quite a few days to arrive so its a bit unpredictable. I suppose it depends on how close you are to the date, I think I will definitely send mine recorded or signed for whichever works out as reasonable cost given that I have a lot of photocopies of medical evidence prescription printouts from gp etc. Hope it gets there in time and all the best with it.

Take care

• Posted

Hi Rose45257

thank you for your quick response to my question. when you sent your form back did you just send it to the mailing handling site A at Wolverhampton taking the Freepost off and and just using the stress underneath it. by registered post and is that recorded delivery or special delivery?

And it could be 2 to 3 weeks or two to three days she meant..I'm sending my form back Tomorow the 16th and it's got to reach them by the 27th..TY rose45257 hope you here from them soon to x

• Posted

Hi Alan

When I returned my esa form I think it was special delivery. I had a tracking number and she sorted the labeling bit out so I'm not sure if the freepost was crossed out, sorry not very helpful due to my brain fog and currently not well.

My pip application needs to be with them by 25th and I'm not sure when I can send it as I'm not well at all at the moment and its not even complete so can't ask anyone to post it for me.

I hope yours gets there in time.

Take care

• Posted

Hi Rose, thank you so much for the info..hope you get your form back in time to and get well soon and you take care to 🤗

• Posted

Hi,

I disagree with sending any post as next day delivery to DWP. This is because all post going to DWP goes through mail sorting process with Royal Mail and any post the needs to be signed for is signed by someone from Royal Mail and not DWP. This means that it doesn't mean it's arrived, it just means that it's somewhere in the sorting office. It's not classed as arriving with DWP until it's been added to the computer, which can take anything from 7-10 working days, even if it's sent next day delivery.

Proof of posting is free and is all you need to prove it's been posted.

• Posted

Hi Denise

How are you doing I don't get on here very much so not sure if you will remember me but you've always been very helpful when I've posted so thanks again from me...

I didn't realise that the forms aren't actually signed by dwp or arrived until it gets added on the computer system, but thinking back when I checked my tracking of my esa form it showed a signature at around 4am! I'm currently having a flareup and back on steroids but still in pain and having to go long periods of time without eating which further reduces my concentration. I'm not sure if I can get my form finished and returned in time but will try, thanks for the information...

Take care x

• Posted

Hello Rose,

I've definitely had better times, with my health anyway but that's a long story and i won't go into details, i'm sure there's others worse than me.

When sending forms for ESA they are very often sent straight to the health assessment providers and not to DWP.

I'm sorry your health isn't good either. You can ring DWP to ask for a 14 day extension to return the form. You will need to make sure it's returned though because if it's not then your money will stop, even if your PIP isn't due to end yet. Are you able to do a little each day for a few days? I find this a little easier when filling out forms, rather than sitting down and doing it all in one go.

Good luck with the review, i know they are very stressful times.

• Posted

Hi Denise

Thanks for your reply and sorry things are not good with your health its not easy living with and managing ongoing health issues but extra hard when difficult times or flareups happen. I hope things improve soon for you.

Thanks for clarifying with the esa forms and dwp, this pip form is actually my application for pip so I'm in a muddle with it. I did apply about 5 yrs ago but I was still employed at that time although I'd been off sick for several months and it turned into a year off sick. I never got an assessment for pip I was just refused and foolishly did not pursue it.

I was a nurse and loved it so changed my role in a different department as I could no longer manage to work on the wards. I also changed my hours but my health continued to go downhill and eventually I was struggling to make it through a 4 hour shift in a clinic. Earlier this year I was going to apply for pip but kept putting it off, then back in May I went through a very stressful time of being investigated after a compliance review was not closed down in error. I had to be interviewed under caution and it took months before I was informed of the outcome although at the interview I was told they believed me and I took evidence to support the fact that I help my mum with managing her finances. So that put a delay on things as I didn't think I was able to apply for pip whilst waiting for all that to be sorted out.

Now I'm rambling on I just wondered if I could ask you how far back can I go with submitting medical evidence such as hospital discharge letters with operation notes, my investigations etc? Some (if i can actually find them!) are relevant to my current health issues or related but will go back to 2004/5 and some may go back to 1997 and further?

With regards to returning the form I have had an extension until 25th oct but think I'd better get it finished and off to them asap just wish my pain would ease as I'm needing oramorph ontop of my strong painkillers so can't focus. I have been making notes for a while after looking at the pip descriptors as my health affects me with all of them on a daily basis. I was going to get help to fill it in this time from citizens advice but too unwell to go.

Many thanks if you have any thoughts on this but I totally understand if you are not feeling too good. Sorry this must be very long.

Hope things improve soon for you.

Take care x

• Posted

hi denise, so if I send it using the free post envelope provided it'll get there in a few days will it, well by the 27th which is a Sunday..so In reality it has to reach them by Friday the 25th..

• Posted

Rose, DWP do advise that evidence must not be older than 2 years, however, i've sent evidence for my claim that's older than that because it's backed up with more recent evidence.

However, evidence dated from 1997 is very old and may only be accepted if it's backdated up by more very recent evidence, stating how your conditions affect you now.

Do be aware of the deadline for returning the form because it can take a while for them to receive it after posting it and that deadline is fast approaching, if it's not received by that date you'll have another refusal.

• Posted

Hi Denise

Bless you thanks for your reply and for clarifying things... I did think some stuff would be too old its just that I have a couple of conditions that are overlapping and I've had a lot of operations that show severe disease which is connected to my ongoing other health issues..it gets so complex but thanks again I'm really grateful.

Just wanted to say sorry Alan for going on about myself on your thread I just realised...my apologies.

Thanks for all your support here x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.