Pip review form help needed

Posted , 4 users are following.

My autistic son has been sent a review form even though he was awarded daily living until 2019,he also suffers from depression and self harms, since his psychology appointments ended he has not had any support so I don't have any evidence to send, he is due to start a wellbeing course on Monday and I do have a letter from them to our gp which states he admitted to self harm about two weeks ago and has had suicidal thoughts but has not acted on them and has no current plans or intent to act upon them or to self harm at present, is it a good idea to send this letter, I want to try to avoid another face to face as it makes him worse,I will of course have to tell them about starting the wellbeing course, suffer from anxiety and depression too but don't get pip and I'm sons carer, I'm sick with worry can anyone advise please

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

PIP reviews are done 1 year before the award ends so if his award ends in March/April 2019 then that form is correct.

You will need evidence to prove those descriptors apply to him. Whether you send that letter is your decision but it will need to have more written in it, unfortuately.  To avoid another assessment you will have to send a mountain of evidence, i'm afraid because it's very rare to have a paper based assessment for PIP.

Can you ask his GP if there's anything in his medical records that you can use for evidence? or a letter that your GP can write. There maybe a charge for this. Does he have a social worker or anything like that? Does he go to college? If so do they have any evidence that you can use? You can google PIP descriptors to see what would apply to him and the points he could possibly score this time. Evidence should if possible be based on that. You can write a letter stating all his difficulties and the help he needs from you. Send that along with all the other evidence you have but you will need to expect him to have another assessment. You can request a home assessment but you'll need a letter from his GP stating the reasons why this is needed.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise, I don't have any evidence to send and doubt the doctor has as he hasn't had any help since his psychology appointments ended, he doesn't go to college and doesn't have a social worker, I can write a letter, do you think they will accept another letter from a family friend who's known him for nine years as evidence

• Posted

Hi,

Any evidence is good but if it's backed up with medical evidence then even better.

What evidence did he send in the first time he applied? You say the help he did receive has ended? wasn't there any letters from them at the time that you can use? It doesn't have to recent as long as it's evidence. Does he take any medication? A recent print out of all current medication is classed as evidence, that's a start. More will be needed to go with this though.

• Posted

He has a letter from psychology from when he first claimed but they saw that at his first f2f
    • Posted

Doesn't matter if they seen it already, i'd still send everything single thing you have because he'll need to evidence. When you're filling out the form i'd also advice you to write as much info as possible even though it's most likely a shortened version of the PIP2 form with just tick boxes, am i right? If so and i'm sure i am then tick what relevant for him and then add the info. Use extra paper if needed. As you don't have a huge amount of evidence then expect him to have another assessment because they're not agreeing to paper based assessments even for those that send huge amounts of evidence in. I wouldn't want to give you incorrect advice and say it maybe possible for the paper based assessment when there's a big chance it won't happen.

If a decision goes in his favour then he'll have a new award date. If it doesn't go in his favour then payments will stop 4 weeks after the decision is made, regardless of his award date being 2019. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.