PIP review, still waiting

Posted , 6 users are following.

I completed and returned my PIP review form in March. I called them to confirm they'd received it, which they have. I am still awaiting a response. It's been 4 months now. I called them and after much faffing about and being put on hold. I was told that it was still with the decision-makers and that they can take up to a year to make a decision. Surely that can't be the case?

It's making me very anxious. I can't stop shaking, constantly and can't sleep. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Most people have face 2 face assessments, even for reviews. If you haven't had yours then your file is most likely with the health assessment providers. Backlogs across the country can cause delays some people wait longer than 4 months. You should ring the assessment providers and not DWP and they will tell you what's happening. They will contact you eventually with a date for the assessment because it's very rare to have a paper based one. I know it's very stressful time waiting but unfortunately there's nothing you can do. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

When you go for the assessment, it will be the same as the first time you went. Did you send evidence to support your claim?

Good luck.

• Posted

I'm presuming that with it being an assessment your benefits will continue to be paid while they sort it, I can see this system crashing before too long can't you, it's obviously not working as they originally thought it would

• Posted

They will continue yes but only if it's a review. Some awards don't have reviews, they have end dates instead. Especially if they were awarded by a Tribunal. If it's an end date then DWP will contact the claimant 3 months before the award is due to end, then they have to re-apply. If a decision isn't made by the end date then their PIP will stop on that date. If awarded again successfully money is of course back dated to the date the money stopped.

I highly doubt it will crash. I know there's backlogs in a lot of areas but they are no where near as long as they were when PIP first came out. I remember when i first applied i waited 11 months for my assessment, this was 5 years ago. Timescales have improved hugely since then.

This is only for PIP. ESA is totally different, just incase anyone reads this and panics.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.