Pip review update

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all just an update on my pip review had my review back at the end off August,had a letter 3 weeks ago telling me that they have all the info they need so I've been waiting on that dreadful brown letter too arrive.....and today it came, my decision has been made and I'm so happy too say I've been successful I'm over thr moon as I genuinely didn't think in would get it again, as i wasnt sure about the accessor and ut was a male so didn't really feel comfortable discussing my condition but I done it and I have too continue...want too thank every one for there feedback and comments and too denise for her help also, I have a also been awarded too 2020 which I'm greatful for, just one final question lol, there wasn't an review date on this one ? As previous letter was too get revieed one year before your award ends ? Can anyone tell me why there hasn't been a date on it ? Thank uou again guys !+ x

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That's great news Claire, well done.

Yes if there's no review date this means that your award will run until 2020. They'll contact you 3 months before and tell you to re-apply if you want to continue with the PIP. You'll need to ring PIP and ask for those PIP2 forms to be sent to you. These won't be the shortened version, i'm afraid. It will be those long forms like you had to fill in the first time. Sadly some people get awards with end dates, this is a fairly new thing. You have 3 years so for now relax.

• Posted

Thanks denise I thibk I was too overwhelmed y.day and just sweeped through the letter lol, there is an actually end date which is 2019 which is still 2 years tbat I'm greatful for where there has been a date will they send out the pip2 form again in 2019 ? Like I just recieved there ?thank youu xx

• Posted

Is there 2 dates, one in which it's awarded till and another which they review it? Or just 1 date?

• Posted

No reading it vack properly it's two dates one to 2020 other one after march 2019 so I'm summing it' wold b for another review then ?

• Posted

Well done Claire, 

got my forms through and it's a daunting task trying to get the wording right.

keep looking at mine and putting it away as I'm struggling to fill it in.

have a week now to fill it in and send it back.

just hope it's enough to keep my award.

any help would be great if you could spare the Time. 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.