PIP should I contact them or wait for review About new health problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all.

Can anyone advise please as what I should do please.

My review is due Nov 2017 as it was only award till Nov 2018.

I had to take to tribural as I went from high rate care and mobility DLA to standard for both.

They took my car off me but after tribural I went from standard mobility to enhanced.

Then in Dec last year I was diagnised with new condition as it is affecting me more now.

Should I wait or should I let them know??

Thank you xx

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Many people ask this question here and i always tell them the same answer. If it was me (and i've been in the same possition as you) i'd wait. Your review is in November which is only 4 months time. You can't get any higher in the Mobility part of course so there's just Daily Living. Reviews are much easier with the forms they're a much shortened version of the PIP2. If you report those changes then you'll be sent another PIP2 form and they're ridiculously long and stressful to fill in. Another thing is if your report those changes now you risk losing everything you have, i know your award could also increase or even stay the same. For the sake of waiting 4 months for your review it's not worth the risk. This is my opinion of course it's your choice what you do. So many people have reported those changes and lost everything.

• Posted

Hi Denise 15811.

Thank you for replying. From what I've been reading tonight, alot of peeps are waiting for their review.

And that is what I will do. Like you said its only 4 months to wait.

Do you know why they review a year before the award is due to finish?

Thanks P

• Posted

I suppose you have read many accounts regarding change of circumstances and realise that if you claim a change now before your reassessment you could risk losing it all, the choice of course is yours and can only be decided by you, I personally wouldn't advise it, I would wait till they contact you and make sure that you have all new and relevant paperwork ready to put forward, can I ask what your original claim was for and how its changed, obviously you know best how your conditions effect you because its not so much what you have but how it effects your quality of life

• Posted

Hi.

Thank you for the reply.

Im going to wait. Its bad enough going through an ESA review😕.

Why do they (PIP) review a year before award ends

Thanks P

• Posted

I have a lot of cervical spine problems

Stenosis and so on. Found out now problems with Lumber spine also newly diagnoised fibro with CFS.

• Posted

I think that that's the ultimate question, why when they give you a date do they decide that they can change the goal posts a year before, I myself have decided that its the best length of time that can really Pee you off because when your awarded it, its usually for three years the same as a Motability car, so if they assess you a year early and in there wisdom decide you are not entitled and lose it you lose your car as well, most of us except the fact that there is a chance you could lose it of course but to give you 3 but actually only 2 years is shear lunacy, they say its so they can make sure you don't have to suffer a gap in your benefits.

If they think your illness want last 3 years then why don't they just give you 2 ramble over

• Posted

Totally agree. Its stupid. But what can we do except for going along with their rules
    • Posted

What we can do is be ready for them, build up enough evidence including not only medical evidence but also maybe keep a log of how all the conditions effect you on a daily basis, I keep lists of all my appointments, who there with, what tests I have to have, the results and the outcome, will it increase my different meds etc, I do not want to be running round trying to remember what where and when, I have a portfolio that documents it all and keep it in duplicate, it does seem to be one part of my numerous conditions that I can control.

• Posted

One thing to remember with PIP is that it's not a diagnosis that will get you the award, it's how your condition/s affect you daily. If you start now to gather as much evidence as you can then when the time comes you'll be ready. Most people have a face 2 face assessment, whether it's a review or a new claim. Very few people manage a paper based decision.

• Posted

Ive kept all hospital letters, appointments

GP letters, tests.when Ive gone to rehab & when meds have been changed. so it has been easier to do the esa form.

• Posted

Past and future hospital appointment letters aren't great forms of evidence.

• Posted

Ooops I wont send them anymore.

Thank you for the advice x

• Posted

I think personally that you still need to send them, if it was just a case of turning up, telling them what ails you and how it effects you would get you the benefit then they would be queuing round the block LOL but like Denise says its more about you proving that the list of your documented conditions cause yoy considerable pain and suffering and make it impossible for you to live your life without help and support of some kind.

Please don't think that the living proof of the dratted paper work isn't important because it is, as others have discovered claiming PIP for the first time after being on DLA for year's.

DLA was just a matter of turning up and going through the motion's, I'm not even sure they even contacted my consulant at the time.

Far to easy then compared to now.

• Posted

Just a thought, so long as all your health professionals letters reports are up to date and are not the same ones you used with your last claim, I do not that there looking mainly for how your conditions stayed or progressed since your original/last claim
    • Posted

When i had my PIP review last year there was a list of things they wanted to see (for evidence and a list of things they didn't want to see. One the list of things they wanted were new evidence within the last 2 years. On the other list was evidence they seen last time and future appointment letters.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.