Pip stopped

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been in receipt of pip since February 2014 ive been registered disabled since 2012 , and had my pip review 3 weeks ago , I've now had everything stopped , I'm confused as my condition has worsened in that time , I mean even if it had stayed the same why would they stop it .. I'm going to have to appeal but I've no idea about any of this .

Just wondering if this has also happened to anyone .thanks

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

as far as ive heard its very rare to not have a pip refused, most of those who do recieve it, will have to appeal.its just a very flawed system.  i would take advice from a local citizens advice if you can, to make sure your making the most out of the form
    • Posted

Hi , Thanks for your reply , yes I have hear that too after looking on the internet, I been in touch with welfare rights who told me not to worry just ask for the mandatory reconsideration and a copy of the face to face report . Then they can help me appeal from there , it's worrying but I feel better after your reply, thanks .
  • Posted

Par for the course unfortunately.

You could have two decision makers looking at the same case and both would more than likely make a different decision.

I opted out of the PIP merry-go-round when they 'asked' me to swap from DLA.

I simply couldn't face the thought of the constant re-assessment/failure/Tribunal scenario every couple of years for the rest of my life. I was 67 when they 'offered' me the opportunity of a lifetime. 

Looks like you are already on the roundabout.

• Posted

Yes it does seem it happens to most ,there's no justice is there

I'll just have to get on with it and hope for the best

Thank you for your reply

• Posted

I'm wondering if they do this because a lot of people won't appeal and that's what they want?
    • Posted

I think you might be right , saves them money if they put people off

Its not right

• Posted

I had to appeal for DLA. I'm waiting for the PIP form to arrive and if they turn me down I'm going to appeal. All the best with yours! Have you heard of the Work and Benefits site? They have useful info in there.
    • Posted

Thanks I'll take a look , I'm planning on welfare rights helping me too ,they were suprised I was refused as I already had it and my situation has only got worse in the last 2 years .

Good luck with yours too

• Posted

Thank you! I haven't heard of welfare rights, I'll have to look them up.
    • Posted

They are good and know all about things the dwp don't tell you ,you have to be referred to them from a social worker or someone like that who you deal with .

Best wishes .

• Posted

I doubt it. These Welfare Rights Officers are part of the local council. In most if not all cases you have to be a 'customer' of Social Services and have a social worker appointed for you or your family before they will help you. Those that don't have a social worker, you are expected to find what other help is available outside of the council or do the work yourself.

The only trouble is that when social services get involved in your life they do have an annoying habit of trying to control it! I fired off my wife's social worker as she was starting to become a pain in the a**e and wanting to know everything about our lives - no privacy at all.  

• Posted

I have a social worker or something like that. I didn't want to ask her because they reduced my care allowance to such a low amount that no one will be my carer for that pittance! I suppose I'll have to phone her.

Oh, just thought, it's her boses fault I can't get a carer now so I'll say I need their help to get PIP because I'll have to pay a lot towards getting a carer again.

Thanks for the advice Les! razz

• Posted

I phoned her but she's on duty all day, so I phoned Care Direct and got the number for SEAP Devon Advocacy Consortium. A lady took my details and information about my situation. She added me to this list and they're going to contact me. 

In the website it says they offer help with PIP! I'm still going to talk to the social worker though. And get a letter from my doctor.

I'm getting somewhere!

• Posted

Hey looking at all of the help that seems to be available, you shouldn't have a problem. I do wish however that there was something similar for Kent. The only advice centres are the usual - CAB & AgeUK. Both of these are OK 'ish if it is something simple but anything more complicated - say filling in a PIP2 form - they are a waste of time - there are no experienced/qualified Welfare Rights Officers in attendance.

We in Kent do have some resource centres but these are geared up and geographically placed in areas of deprivation/unemployment/social housing blackspots.

For the rest of us that live in the more affluent areas, no such help is available.

• Posted

It's not fair for you that help is given only in certain areas.

Actually I was wrong, they don't help with PIP in my area! Although they can help with my compaints they told me to talk to the CAB and Care Direct about the PIP claim. Care Direct said contact Age UK but how old do you have to be?

I joined the Work and Benefits site a year ago though, had to pay twenty quid but I'm glad because I just printed a document that you can only get if you're a member, and it's full of useful information on filling the form in. 

There's info on descriptors, terminology, all kinds of things in great detail; it's 84 pages long! And I bought the 2016 benefits guide book, forget what it's called; that was about twenty quid too, I expect they'll pay off.

• Posted

I would have thought your gp could help , Im a carer as well as being disabled so my carers rights officer put me in touch

Hope all works out well for you

• Posted

Thank you! Sorry put you in touch with who? It's late so I'm a bit baffled.

Yes my doctor can tell them that we have phone appointments because I can't get to the surgery and he sent a nurse to my home to get blood for tests.

• Posted

Hi, I'm confused too. Who is or are 'Carers Rights'? Right now I could do with someone of that ilk - not for benefit advice (I'm trying to reduce both my wife and myself reliance upon those at the DWP as we can no longer cope with their intrusive ways - much in the same way that Social Services went).

Could do with a bit of support for me in looking after my wife at the moment.

• Posted

My carers rights officer put me in touch with welfare rights .. also social workers can refer you as well .

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.