Pip stopped

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have sever depression I have had it my whole life I'm on paroxatine and recently been diagnosed with e u p d

Now I'm a 42 yr old single mum and last year I was on pip but since my condition got much worse being diagnosed with eupd and now on pycotics the pip has stoppedI cant cope with the stress this has caused me im in the process of appealing

The assessor was just a little girl in my opinion and was not listening to how s**t my life is I have no family or friends as this eupd controls my life

I lost all my family two years ago

How can they give it me one minute then wen I get worse stop it

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maggie,

I'm sorry to hear this! Was it a review or did you report those changes? Is it the Mandatory Reconsideration you're at or the Tribunal?

This happens to a lot of people sadly! PIP isn't for life like DLA was and because they'll continue to review us then everyone risks losing what they have during this time. Hopefully you'll have a decision in your favour! Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Maggie I'm sure there will be someone with much more experience and knowledge than I so just bear that in mind with my reply.

I understand your upset and I can totally see where your coming from, were you on PIP last year, was it a follow on from DLA or a straight PIP claim.

What benefits were you allocated at the original decision and did you get a copy of your assessment.

• Posted

That's terrible. Did they not give you a reason why they stopped the payment? How on earth are you coping financially? Can you claim JSA? What about ESA? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.