Pip stopped

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had to send back capability form by a certain date,i called them over xmas because i got a letter saying they hadn't got it! I didn't receive one so they sent me one out, because i hadn't received it they gave me more time to get it and send back and because of xmas post delays. I heard nothing back so assumed i was waiting on a decision! Then went to get my money out to find bank empty! I then received a letter the next day saying it was stopped because letter not back in time! I called them to explain id sent it back and would not benefit me to not send it back as i rely upon it to pay for help as im partly blind and have tumours in my leg. I was told they didn't get it back and the agent had no solution for me and he put phone down when i got upset that he couldn't help me an didn't have a clue about hes job! Please can anyone help me

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

i suggest u go to citizens advice or contact them by phone they will help u get it sored out

• Posted

Thanks kim. I really thought this has probably happened to quite a few people! Its soooo wrong, hopefully theirs a simple protocol to sort it out!

• Posted

i hope you get it sorted out it happens to alot of people u should be able to get an energency payment of some kind i know if you have any problems with food your local town hall or doctors surgery can provide vouchers if u become needy

• Posted

Hi Henry, what date was your original form submitted on and what was their deadline, did you send it recorded post ( yes I amare this costs money) but it protects you in the sense you can prove you submitted the original form, do you have an itemised bill where you can show you had contacted them? Usually the dwp will allow an extension of two weeks but you have two give them good reason and follow it up in writing, never take them at their word over the phone, a paper trail is the best evidence against them.

• Posted

ps this site is so slow in typing and types all your words wrong .....so infuriating ehen you are trying to help someone.

• Posted

Recorded delivery is not needed and doesn't prove it's arrived with DWP. All it proves is that someone at Royal Mail sorting office has signed for it and it's somewhere in the building. It's not classed as arriving until it's been added to the computer. Proof of posting is all that's needed and this is free.

When asking for an extension you do not need to give you good reason. All you need to do is ask them and they will happily give you this. I've filled in and returned 4 PIP forms since 2013 and never had a problem.

@Henry77

I'd advise you to ring DWP again and speak to someone else who will hopefully be a little more helpful this time. Did you get proof of posting? Did you also allow time for the christmas post when you sent it?

• Posted

Thanks denise,i don't have proof of posting,and they gave me extra time because xmas post and because it was going to be late as i didn't receive first form. They said its up to caseworkers if they send me another form!

• Posted

I didn't even think about taking a copy and that still isn't proof it was posted! I got a txt saying don't need to contact them for 10 weeks until a decision is made! On what? If to send me a new form! im fuming

• Posted

I never said that keeping a copy was proof it was posted! The reason i said it was if another form is needed to be sent then you can just copy the answers from the one form to the other one, this will save a huge amount of time. Besides that, you should always take a copy of everything you send DWP.

I'm assuming the 10 weeks for a decision is because you've requested the mandatory reconsideration on the decision to stop your PIP award. You have no proof that the form was sent, so i'm not sure what you can do here, other than to ring and ask if it's finally been received.

• Posted

I should keep copys i know, i just asked can i get another form as obviously mine has gone awal! and was told basically to wait 10 weeks until they decide if to send another form! Its bs!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.