Pip stopped. Last payment?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all.

My brother had his reassessment for pip and has been turned down which he will appeal.

The question he has though is his letter says his benefit stopped on the the 26th of this month.

He was due to get his pip on the 8th of next month so in a week.

Will he still receive that payment on the 8th or will his monet he stopped straight away?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

He should get payment from date of last payment upto 26 July as i think it is paid in arrears
  • Posted

I've had my Pip stopped also 2 days before I was due to be paid and as they didn't inform me I found out by having no money in my account. I phoned up and they said that they would have to work out how much they owed me so I received this about 3 weeks later. I'm also appealing so waiting on them reconsidering their last decision.

• Posted

I wonder what would have happened if like most people knowing that their claim had been closed and as such would just accept that there will be no further payments, if they didn't bother to telephone the DWP?

Your post seems to indicate that they only offered to see if you were entitled to anything because you rang them up?

• Posted

Hi Les

I would hope that they would pay claimants their rightful money without having to phone up, they maybe just get it later rather than sooner?

• Posted

I would hope so although from experience they tend to just close down the case and put it in storage.

I claimed ESA in Sept 09, had the face to face in Jan 10 and the first time I received any money, seriously, was early May 10.

I didn't have a bank account at that time so was asking for giros. Seems that when I telephoned in late April 10 my file had been closed and that there was a giro attached to it for over £350 that had not been sent to me. Their excuse was that it had been sent out but it had been returned as 'not known at this address'. Considering that I had lived there continously since 2002 that excuse did not hold any water.It took a further 2 weeks for me to get that giro and another 5 weeks before regular payments started - they had to 're-build my claim manually' was the excuse given for that one!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.