PIP Timeframes?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi!

I had my PIP assessment Thursday teatime and received a text at 8am Friday morning to say my written report had been received they'd be in touch when a decision had been made. I didn't expect them to receive my report so quick with me not have my assessment until 5pm and it didn't end until 5.45pm so not even 24 hours later I received the text. I was told to expect to hear within 6 weeks but everyone I have spoken to has said at this time of year they heard within 2 weeks and received a payment before they even received a letter. Others have said they heard nothing for 12 weeks not even the text message. I suppose what I'm asking is, what was your personal experience I.e timeframes etc.

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It's like asking

How longs a piece of string

There are no hard and fast rules as to how long it takes for them to give you the decision and I suppose it could be 2 weeks or 12 weeks

I was very lucky and received mine within 2 weeks, patience has to be the key word

• Posted

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, Alexandria! I was waiting for months and months for my assessment so I remember the impatience and frustration so I'm not expected any kind of quick timeframe this time. I just didn't expect a text message so quick so I was confused with all I had heard from other people's experiences. I suppose I'm a little worried that the report was sent over so quick does that mean the assessor didn't find that much to note down which obviously goes against my claim. I'm sure time will tell!

Thank you again 😃

• Posted

The report being returned quickly means nothing more than "it was returned once it was written" once it's written, they have no reason to keep hold of them and the only time this happens is if they are sent to audit.

Timescales, there isn't any and the 6 weeks you were told is what they tell everyone, even though they really have no idea of timescales because there isn't any. Some wait week, while others wait months.

Ringing DWP to request a copy of the assessment report will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

• Posted

Thanks so much for the response, Denise!

I have followed your advice and have called and requested a copy of my report.

L x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.