PIP timescale north west

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am waiting for DWP to make a decision on my claim. On the report from atos I was awarded enhanced daily living and no mobility. Do DWP normally go with what is in the report from atos? And roughly do you know how long DWP take to make a decision, I live in the north west. The report was a paper based assessment . Thank you smile

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

They usually go with the report, it's rare for them to go against it.

There's no timescale for decisions, sorry. It all depends on backlog in your area.

• Posted

Hi Jo am I understanding correctly that you had no F2F to be awarded full care
    • Posted

Do you mind me asking what is your health issues that have made you eligible for this decision, I'm presuming its a really bad scenario

• Posted

People do have paper based decisions Alexandria, but they are very rare. Most people have assessments. I guess it all depends on how much evidence you actually send and who the HCP is that reads what they have sent. Believe it or not some do actually read the evidence lol Yes, hard to believe i know.
    • Posted

Yea I have heard of about two that weren't decided by F2F but sadly they were both terminal cases, I'm glad you didn't have to go down the F2F route, maybe more will be done in the future

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.