pip tribunal

Posted , 4 users are following.

rite just had date for pip tribunal 21/3/ and just wanted to no what kind of  qeustion are they likely to ask me ,thank any help would do.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

They will ask you all sorts of questions about your illnesses. ..how it effects your daily routine daily life....I had my tribunal on 20th January 2016. ..The tribunal last about 40 mins. ..I was in there for a hour n half....good luck

• Posted

How did you get on Jackie did you get the result you was hopeing for 😀
  • Posted

Cuzsa

They will obviously refer to your PIP application/assessors report and medical evidence. They will be looking for an explanation to why you believe you were not awarded more points for certain descriptors. They like continuity they don’t like inconsistencies.

This will obviously be connected to your illness/disability and how it affects you. You need 8 points for standard care and 12 points for enhanced. Mobility is the same 8 points for standard 12 for enhanced.

You haven’t posted your condition or how many points you scored at assessment so it is hard to predict what they might ask you specifically.

• Posted

I had a cervical spinal injury in in 1990 where I've fractured C3 C4 and C5 in my neck which left me paralysed for almost a year with rehabilitation over the next two years I've managed walk again with walking sticks but I had balance issues and over issues that were connected to being paralysed i've also added for me ligament operation because of the way I walk as I cannot walk far cannot get in and out of the bath I've problems dress in my lowerpart of my body and other issues-so so I applied for DLA and received LRC/HRM on an indefinite period for the last 12 years so apply for PIP filled in the forms was given a date for an assessment which was later cancelled then receive the decision no points given did the M R Received four points for moving around
    • Posted

I'm not think for the care component when when I spoke to capita about why my assessment was cancelled date only day I could do this at any time always out assessments over the last 12 years but this time none was given so now I am going to tribunal I have all my medical history from the last 25 years to present date which DWP did not take any notice . Feel like they are thinking that I am lying about my condition they are taking pi??😂
    • Posted

Have you up to date medical evidence? The DWP usually want information which is less than 2 years old so if your reports are dated longer than this then some assessors will ignore them.

I'm not judging you just trying to explain how they work. Your condition is one where you were severely disabled for a period of time but due to 'therapy' your condition improved. Now their thinking is that this improvement has continued and you are now at a position where you no longer need extra support via PIP.

This is why it’s so vital to inform the assessor if your condition is irreversible or the treatment/therapy has reached its limit and will not improve your disability any further. If this is the case then you need an up to date report stating this from a medical professional.

• Posted

Thanks for that information but if I did have an assessment maybe I could of told them that I have had four operations on my knees in the last three years because of the way I walk waiting for my appointment at the spinal injuries clinic but I have not received one yet so maybe this tribunal will take place before that and I will have to try again next year
  • Posted

Please keep us updated, I'm also going to a tribunal for PIP, as I have Crohn’s Disease and not worked for 1.5 years. I scored 0 points.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.