Pip tribunal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello today was my pip tribunal 27/02/17 something I never want to go through ever again. I was awarded standard rate care but after a renewal was sent they decided I was not due to carry on receiving and scored 0 points. Even thou my health has got alot worse i suffer with depression and anxiety and also been diagnoised copd after they had asked all ?? They told me that I would receive my decision throu th post. Is his th normal procedure as I have heard that if u re awrded or win u are told there and then. confused how this works.

Any help or information I would be grateful

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Please don't read anything into this.  It depends how busy they are, if they're running late etc.  Having the decision through the post doesn't mean it's good or bad, it could be either.  I've heard of people being told at the time, both good and bad outcomes.  Similarly with people who are sent the decision in the post.  I hope you hear quickly and get the response you are hoping for.

• Posted

Hi I hope all goes well for you and you hear soon.Hopefully it will be good news and you can relax and stop worrying.It just always feels like a waiting game.Let us know how you get on fingers crossed for you.
  • Posted

Hello Adelle,

I have never had to go to Tribunal, but I've just looked at Citizens Advice  and this is what it said -

you'll be asked to leave the room while a decision is made

you’ll be called back into the room and told the decision, although occasionally you may have to wait 3 to 5 days to get a decision letter in the post

I hope you hear soon. x

• Posted

Just to keep you all updated I had my decion back Friday via post and I won my tribunal got both care and mobilty at standard and back dated from September 2016. Thank you all that replied and h many thanks Adelle
    • Posted

That's brilliant news Adelle, I'm so pleased for you.  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.