pip tribunal

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

i was awarded pip in 2013 .i got 8 points for daily living and 10 points for mobility ,ive had 2 benign tumors in my left foot ,which has returned my surgeon will not operate as it will open old scar tissue.i have gunyeon canal syndrome in my left hand and had surgery back in 2014 to no success ,i have no feeling in 4 of my fingers and reduced grip.imy partner did all my meals,helped me wash and dressed me ,but sadly she passed away in march last year.now im on my own trying too cope .i attended a medical assesment in november 2017 and to my amazement her report wasn t true,i got a letter from dwp scoring no points.i then asked for mandatory reconsideration but they stuck too the same decision,so i went to tribunal today 10th april 2018 and to be honest the gestapo never treated pow like this ,im not saying that they are all bad,but the doctor was raising his voice at me and the judge didnt say boo.after 25 minutes of this my rep from cab was called in for the result .they gave me 2 points for dressing ,2 for washing,2 for preparing a meal 0 for cutting up food with one hand,and 4 points for mobility.my condition has not got better or worse its still the same as 2013 so if i cant cut up food complan on the cards    thankyou 

 

0 likes, 5 replies

Report

5 Replies

  • Posted

    I have just done a very long post and it's vanished

    Report
    • Posted

      Ok here goes again, to lose at tribunal is not good, most people as far as I can see actually are successful, but I suppose questions to ask are, for your new PIP claim did you supply fresh evidence to support it. Do you have an OT, physiotherapist, consultant backing your claim, a GP who gives you support and verification of your conditions effecting your daily ability to carry out tasks and have you looked at the discipturs online and if so how did you score.

      As you will be told it's not the condition that actually gets you points but how it effects you on a daily basis, or at least 50% of the time.

      Probably not exactly how I worded it last time but can't type so good now

      Report
    • Posted

      i only went to tribunal today its not a new pip claim and yes i sent in medical evidence from 2 neurologists and 1 from a orthi surgeon my condition in my last post hasn,t changed and i still lost

       

      Report
  • Posted

    Hi,

    There's a 30% chance of failing at Tribunal stage, so 70% win. It's actually increased recently from 65%.

    Unfortunately the only way you can now appeal this to the Upper Tribunal is if an error in law was made. For this, you will first have to email the Tribunal and ask for a copy of the Statement of Reasons to be sent to you. There's no time scales to how long it will take for them to send this to you. They can in fact take as long as they want to.

    Once you receive this you will then need to find someone who specialises in finding an error in law. Certainly not an easy thing to do and this process alone can take in excess of 1 year.

    You can also re-apply at anytime. To re-apply you will need to ring the PIP helpline and start the process again from the beginning. I will advice you though that because you've only just lost your Tribunal unless you have the best evidence you can get, so even more evidence than you previously had the chances of DWP refuses you again are very high.

    Maybe you can leave it for a few months, gather more evidence and then try again.

    What ever you decide, good luck.

    Report

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up