Pip tribunal

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi denise i havnt been on here for a while i didnt pass my pip assessment so went mr and have just finished my paperwork for tribunal sent it back last week including a doctor's letter confirming i suffer from fibo which backs up what i have been saying about constant pain which the assesser totaly blanked .i scored 8 points between the 2 care and mobility. i also suffer from mental health and this has put so much extra pressure and stress on my health .dont know how much longer the tribunal will be .will the doctor's letter confirming fibo help my case .many thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Janny,

Tribunal waiting times are huge right across the country and some area are waiting as long as 1 year and more, believe it or not. So, this isn't going to be a few months, i'm afraid.

Your evidence letter from your GP confirming your Fibro really isn't the best evidence you can send. PIP isn't about a diagnosis but more about how those conditions affect you.

The evidence that will help you will be evidence that states your ability to carry out daily activities in relation to the PIP descriptors. So for example, if you have problems cooking a meal from scratch your evidence should state the problems you have and why. Maybe you need prompting to do this because of your mental health. If you have problems preparing those ingredients because of your fibro, what problems do you have and why. If you have had to prepare a meal alone have you had any accidents by doing so. Maybe you've cut yourself, or left a pan on the hob? This is the sort of thing they will be looking for.

As you suffer from fibro do you have difficulty walking any distance? How far can you walk without pain and discomfort? If you walked to the end of a road in a street and say it was 30 metres, would you be able to walk the same distance again later that day? If you couldn't then you'tr classed as not being able to do it at all. They will want to see evidence of why you can't do that activity and your reasons why.

Letters from GPs are never the best evidence to give because most often our GP doesn't know how our conditions affect in line with the PIP descriptors.

Are you having help with this process or are you doing this yourself?

Did you send any other evidence other than that letter from your GP?

• Posted

Hi Denise and Janny we are still hitting the DLA/PIP difference that no one seems to get, you could have a dozen letters from any amount of medical practitioner, ranging from consultants, professors, doctors, surgeons, physiotherapists well the list is endless but if they don't actually spend time with you to be able to say how your physical illnesses and mental health issues effect you on a daily basis.

Denise will back me up on this that their are people out their with terminal illness who are no entitled to PIP because they are living a life in so much as they can walk talk and cook etc get nothing but some who has to someone else seem to have nothing wrong with them full PIP

very confused LOL

• Posted

Mostly that's correct apart from the terminal illness bit. Those that have a terminal illness and the diagnosis is 6 months or less then of course they will qualify but they will need their Consultant or GP to fill out the DS1500 form and their claim is then fast tracked, with no face 2 face assessment needed.

The evidence part is spot on though and that mostly it's of no use unless it comes from a community learning disabilities team and specifically states exactly what that person needs help with on a daily basis. GPs, Consultants etc will not have the information about how a person is affected daily by their conditions which is what i've been stating for a very long time here that letters from those than know you well, written diaries etc will carry more weight than any other evidence from GPs etc.

When filling out any form, whether it's ESA, PIP first claim or a PIP review, the more information you put down the better. Give at least 2 real life examples of how you're affected for each of those descriptors that apply. Doing this will give you a much better chance of a decision in your favour.

I've learnt so much in the past year from just my own personnal research. The amount of people that have it completely wrong is amazing. Those transferring from DLA think they should automatically qualify because they had DLA for life, that's wrong i'm afraid. Some people that were claiming DLA will not qualify for PIP simply because they don't meet those descriptors.

It's certainly a battle that we will all have to continue to fight.

• Posted

hi Denise yea i did all my explanation on the form when i filled it in during march .the assesser wrote lots of things that wernt right and said one thing and then wrote something different it didnt make sence .cab are helping .one example is she daid i looked ok and showed no signs of pain but on my statement i had written in lots of pain and explained how it effected my day to day living thats why gp wrote the fibo letter

• Posted

It's just their opinion of what they seen on the day. Lots of people look ok on the outside but that's not always true. You may well have looked ok because invisble conditions do exist. Now you just have to convince the Tribunal which descriptors apply and why. Good luck.

• Posted

hi Janny it took me four years to get pip for mental health problems. I have N.E.A.D. Non epileptic attack disorder. And i have enhance mobility. I'm so relieved that I have receive this award. Hope you get the result you need fingers crossed

• Posted

thank you paul . so glad you got it in the end well done .i received forms from esa that i got to fill in now i thought give me chance im still waiting to sort pip out

• Posted

The problem with ESA is because they can reassess you at anytime, we never know when that dreaded form is going to drop through the letter box. I had one in August, not heard anything yet and i sent mine back almost 7 weeks ago.

• Posted

thank you denise was getting a bit paranoid thought it might be linked to my pip that im waiting for tribunal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.