PIP tribunal advice please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, my husband received a decision letter for PIP MR.

They changed daily activity from nothing to standard.

He doesn't disagree some parts, so he will request tribunal.

We have never done it, so it would be great if someone give us advice.

At the tribunal, do they look what we disagree or do they assess from scratch?

I am sorting out evidences and I would like to know if I should focus the points he disagrees or do we need show almost everything we submitted to DWP?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

They would look at everything and i would advice the more extra evidence you have the better. It would also be better and more favourable for him to attend the Tribunal because there's more chance of a better outcome if attending than if it's a paper based decision. Also please bear in mind that his award could increase, stay the same or even lose everythig he has, just so you know. However approx 66% of Tribunal decisions are possitive. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you for the advice. The appeal is about his award review. Do you think we can use the assessment report of his first application? 

He told them there is no change of his condition since the his first assesmment ( he was awarded enhanced when he applied first time.  They contacted his GP to check his condition and DWP concluded what he wrote the application was true then.)

There is no evidence to show his improvement, but at the award review, they only used what the medical professional said in the report.

We have detailed letters from his GP and his consultant which show his difficulties of daily activities, photos of his aid, medical report from his psychiatric to GP and care plan for pain clinic as evidence.

• Posted

There's nothing stopping you sending in the assessment report from the first assessment. Any evidence at all is good, apart from future appointment letters. Another thing is that evidence needs to be within the last 2 years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.