PIP Tribunal Appeals, Paper and Oral

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hell everyone,

There's some of you that maybe interested to know the actual percentages for these. As you all probably know by now how often i advice others how important it is to appear in person for your Tribunal, rather than asking for a paper based decision. These figures are current up to date ones from 2016/17..tribunal hearings...

Total hearings: 70,325

Of which paper hearings: 8,902

Oral hearings: 61,423

Successful paper hearings; 4,097 (46%)

Successful oral hearings; 41,599 (68%)

Of course i can't post links but that's the current figures.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It was meant to say "hello" not hell rofl. Don't you just hate it that we can't edit our own posts! GRR sorry everyone!

• Posted

Does anyone know why they don't allow edit on posts, I think its because the administeres would have to keep checking the posts instead of just once, but to have the ability to edit would make for better understanding of the content of posts, times I write it and reread it and think that doesn't sound right.

Those figures show that realistically if you want a good outcome its best to make the effort and attend.

• Posted

I have no idea why we can't edit posts, but sometimes it's frustrating. Yes i've always pointed this fact out to people when advicing about tribunals, it's always better to attend in person.

• Posted

Thanks for that Denise,  

I've not had to attend a Tribunal, but I can see that it does make sense to attend in person if it's possible, as they can ask you questions and physically see how you really are, but it's difficult talking to a piece of paper!

Thanks for your helpful input as usual x  smile  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.