PIP Tribunal waiting times.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Can anyone advise on their waiting time for tribunal.  Since MR was rejected and we applied to tribunal I have rang them on a number of occasions, being told firstly we were 10 weeks into a 26 week waiting list, then we were 18 weeks into a 28 week waiting list, then 21 weeks into a 31 week waiting list. Now we are 26 weeks into a 36 week waiting list.   During this time my husband is under more stress, not only with his health deteriorating but the added financial problems caused by loosing higher level mobility and low level care, which he had been in receipt of for the last 9 years.   When I rang HMCTS last I was advised to put in writing a request for an urgent hearing due to the stress being caused.   

We also have ongoing tribunals with Veterans UK as a lot of my husbands issues are caused by or hindered by 17 years Army service.

I would be grateful if anyone could advise, or has any first hand experience of these issues.

Thanks Lynn.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It depends on the waiting list in your area I'm afraid. I should have had my hearing in September, but was offered a cancellation for June. Which I accepted and was awarded enhanced for both daily living and mobility for 19 years. I know it's stressful for everyone. But you will have to wait until there's a date for you. And good luck with your appeal once you receive date for it. XxX

• Posted

That should have been 10 years. Not 19.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply.  I asked for waiting time in our area, was told they did not have accurate information as they did not know how many people were waiting for tribunal in my area.  This is why the waiting time keeps varying and we think we are moving up the 'waiting list' but the waiting list is getting longer

• Posted

I'm afraid there's really is no timescales for these Tribunals. I do know there's huge backlogs in all areas. Believe it or not some people are waiting over 1 year. You're waiting time so far compared to some really isn't that long. There's nothing much you can do but wait i'm afraid. Hopefully you'll get that letter soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.