Pip tribunal Wigan

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, can anyone help, I'm expecting to have to take my autistic son case to tribunal, problem is I've not a clue where to get help, the cab are overrun and no appointments available and my carers centre can't help either, does anybody know where to get help in the Wigan and leigh area

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angela,

Have you tried googling what's in your area? CAB are very often extremely busy and it doesn't surprise me that you can't get an appointment. Out of interest what is it you want help with?

• Posted

Hi Denise, I've been googling for days can't seem to find anything, it's help with applying for tribunal and support from someone who knows what they are doing at a tribunal

• Posted

It's very difficult to find someone to support someone at Tribunal, especially if they didn't help with filling in the original PIP forms. They very often don't have the funds to support people this way.

You need to fill in a SSCS1 form, which can be downloaded off the internet, or you can get them from your local CAB. You need to attach a copy of the MR decision letter to the form, with this the Tribunal will refuse your appeal! Once this is done, send it to the Tribunal. They will then send you a letter to tell you whether they accept it or not. They will of course accept it and send you a pack, with your reference number. This pack will contain everything you sent DWP to support the PIP claim, including the original PIP forms, all the evidence.

DWP will always contest the appeal, so when you read this please ignore it. The Tribunal will still go ahead. DWP contesting it always worries a lot of people and the first thing they do is panic....don't panic.

Any extra evidence can be sent at a later date. As long as it's sent to arrive at least 10 days before the hearing date then it's fine. If it's taken on the day of the hearing then they may not take it into consideration.

Expect a long wait because backlogs across the country are huge. Once you have the reference number you can ring them and ask approx how long the wait is in your area.

70% of those who appear at their Tribunal have a decision in their favour. If you're his appointee then you will be able to answer all the questions for him. If not then you will only be able to prompt him.

I've heard it's nothing like an assessment and they will listen to you/he has to say. You just have to go in and answer with as much detail as possible.

CAB and turn2us have lots of info on their website that will help you with this process.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Forgot to add, you have 1 month from the date of the MR to request the appeal so please don't delay this process.

• Posted

Thanks Denise, sorry to appear dumb but have I got this right, I ask for a mandatory reconsideration, then when I get the mandatory reconsideration results letter I get a SSCS1 form, fill it in and enclose mandatory reconsideration results letter
    • Posted

You're welcome. Yes, that's exactly right. Have you asked for the MR yet? You can't take it to Tribunal without first asking for that.

• Posted

Hi,

You can call at one of the welfare rights advice surgeries. They are drop in apts at

Sunshine house, scholes 9-12pm Mon

Atherton library 9-12pm Tuesday

Ashton library 9-11am Tuesday

Pensioners link, Leigh 9-12pm Thursday

Marsh green library 2-4pm Thurs

Golborne library 2-4pm Fri.

Hope that helps 😃

• Posted

Thank you so much, you're an angel

• Posted

Information is on Wigan council website under welfare

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.