Pip tricky situation

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, last year I got the forms to transfer from DLA to PIP. I have been claiming low rate mobility and middle rate care from around 2000 for sever depression and social phobia, plus since 2016 chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Before the CPPS happened i was in the care of the mental health centre for the past 18 years, but when the physical problem happened i was unable to attend due to the restrictions from the pelvic problem ( constant pain upon sitting, ice cold genitals and numb groin, problems urinating ) and more. The mental health team decided to discharge me when i was feeling my worst mentally. They stated they could offer me no other help and to come back when my other problem is fixed, which is down right wrong. I attempted to take my life during this through overdose and now i have to be supplied my meds daily by family members.

So through my GP i pushed for investigations into my pelvic problem ( They didn't know what it was yet ) I have been on countless different antibiotics, had prostate checks, bloods, urine sample, stool sample, STD checks, lots of creams, 2 MRI scans showing disk degeneration but apparently nothing to cause my symptoms ( this is a doctor who stated while eating a bun, that he doesn't know how to read MRI results but will try his best ) I have been constantly down there crying on some occasions for help. Finally after pushing i got with a Pelvic floor Physio for 2 months. This consisted of a lot of internal massage ( which is embarrassing and very uncomfortable ) It wasn't successful and she wrote a letter to my GP stating that she believes it could be pudendal neuralgia.

This is when it gets tricky. I got a home visit from a doctors letter and PIP assessment lasted only 20 mins. My brother was with me for support and to help get through it. Well i got 2 points and on the assessment report it was a bunch of lies from the assessor. I had give my doctors details and when contacted they have lied also. They stated my last appointment was January 2018, when in fact it was September 2018, which is a big difference, i have the box of new medication still i kept as proof. Not only that, but they supplied 0 evidence to back my claim. No mention of the hell i have been going through and still am with this physical problem and i am getting nowhere with it. So it is like all these years from 2000 has been forgot about as well from my mental health.

I have applied for the MD and willing to take it to tribunal, but without any medical information i am stuck.. Will it be worthwhile asking for my complete medical history from my GP? Will that have all my mental health appointments for past 18 years and all reports from the 20 doctors i have seen about my pelvis ? Can this stuff be used to fight my case, i currently have no medical professional willing to help me. My life right now is lying in bed most days or on the sofa. I still cant sit due to the coldness and numbness kicking in. This is impacting my mental health to close to suicide level. No erections in 2 years. I'm only 37 and feel like its the end of the road for ever having a family or children. This is some nerve damage or neuralgia, and chronic, it's been there for over 2 years.

If someone could answer my questions and point the way id really appreciate it, thanks . Should i challenge the GP lies, it rages me the fact i have it on paper here the lies from both doctors and the assessor who was only a nurse and had no background on my conditions. He told vile lies on his report, stuff that didn't even happen or was said.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm sorry you are having to deal with this swap over from DLA to PIP its not easy but first off you have to forget DLA completely, it no longer exists and is a totally different benefit from PIP , DLA you could basically claim it on a diagnosis not on how it effected you on a day to day basis, PIP is based on how your health issues effect you on a daily basis, your ability to walk, wash, cook etc and then your mental health is a different issue altogether.

Your MR will probably be refused and your points stay the same so going ahead with an appeal will be your only option.

Have you received the documents stating where you gained the points??

• Posted

Hi i understand it's all about the points system and have received the assessors report. Its a fabrication of what actually went on. A lot of things i said was changed or things he said didn't happen. It keeps stating there is no medical evidence but only today i picked up my full medical history. Its dating back to 2000 all through the years up to now. It is mostly mental health reports of my appointments, how my mood was, how i appeared etc. They also state changes in medication and therapy treatment i have been receiving all these years. There is a ton of these appointment reports from 2000 to 2016 when i got discharged with the pelvic pain. There is one my physio therapist also stateing my problems and how it effects me. I know i am going to have to challange the questions and focus on that but i am wondering if all these medical reports will be useable in my claim?

Thank you for response

• Posted

Hi,

When requesting the MR you need to forget about the lies in the report, same for the Tribunal. As hurtful as they are DWP and the Tribunal will not be interested in any lies told. If you want to complain about the lies then send a letter to the health assessment advisory people, not DWP. They most likely won't do anything but it won't hurt to complain.

What you need to do is concentrate on the descriptors that apply to you and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 exampes of what happened the last time you attempted that activity.

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. You can have a disability but not qualify for PIP because the descriptors won't apply to everyone.

There's a lot of advice on the internet. Having some understanding of what the descriptors mean will help alot. There's no point arguing about a certain descriptor if it's not possible to score any points. For example, with the descriptors if they think you can safely and reliably use an aid, even if you need assistance then you'll score the lower points for the aid and not for needing assistance. You need to prove you need assistance and your reasons why.

With the evidence, less is more. Sometimes sending in a massive amount of evidence can go against you. If one piece of evidence contradicts another then you could lose points in the descriptor. I'd advise going through all the evidence with a fine tooth comb.

Have you requested the MR? if so, did you put the request in writing? of you didn't then you need to do this. Only 18% of MR decisions change so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal. Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. Finding someone to represent you and your chances will be greatly increased. I'd advise contacting your local advice centre for help, support and advice. Be aware that CAB no longer represent for Tribunal. Welfare rights or a law centre will.

Waiting times for Tribunals are huge and some area have backlogs in excess of 1 year, so it's not a quick process.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.