Pip waiting times

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello all, 

I have made a claim for PIP and had an assesment, I had a letter the other day saying we are still looking into your claim (it has been four weeks since assesment).  Is this just a curtoristy letter or something else? How long should I wait for them to contact me again? What is the normal time from assessment to decision?  It took 18 months to sort my ESA out. Also, will I get it back dated if so when from?

Sorry if Ive spelt anything wrong. Thanks to anyone who can help me biggrin

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My ESA took 27 months from the forms sent ESA interview 6 weeks placed in WRAG I phoned them 4-5 times keep at them
    • Posted

are you cliaming PIP too?? if so how long from assessment to decsion?
  • Posted

I had my assesment in october and heard back from them with backdated money in the end of december

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.