PIP Waiting times in the South West

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I've been super stressed out about all this PIP stuff, to the point that I made an account just to ask this question!

I just began my application, the letter took 3 weeks to apply and I filled it in and posted it off on Monday. 

And then I see a 16 week wait time on assessments?! 

Aparently it's different depending on where you are and how lucky you are?

So, I live in the South West, Devon, and was wondering if anyone near or in that area could tell me how long they waited and how everything went through?

Thanks in advance! 

Kelsey.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelsey,

I too live in Devon, isn't it hot at the moment!!

I sent off the completed forms and the DWP received them on 20th June. A couple of weeks later a letter arrived with an appointment for 13th July in Plymouth.  Plymouth is a bit of a journey for me, so they changed it for somewhere local and my face to face was on Tuesday 19th.  

The doctor who dd the assessment told me it would be 6 - 8 weeks before I hear anything.  I hope that helps.

• Posted

That's really helpful to know thank you ! smile 

• Posted

Kelesy

Had mine 2 weeks today in Wiltshire was told by the lovely lady

Wait time is 6-8 weeks my form came within a month same with interview

All goes and works by postcode area DWP pick a batch

Regards

Marshall

• Posted

This is good to know, as long as I can get the assessment done before September I'll be fine. So I still have just over a month for them to get back to me smile Thanks for the info!

• Posted

Hi Kelsi,

I live in South West (Not that close to you) but my assessment date came through pretty quick - Nowhere near 16 weeks

Hope that helps.

• Posted

I'm really happy to hear that! 16 weeks is such an awfully long time. Thanks for sharing your experience smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.