Pip with more than one condition...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I am applying for pip. I have functional vomiting, psychosis, fibromyalgia, depression and anxiety, osteoporosis, hypothalamus and barriers syndrome. Is it worth applying for?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

That was meant to say hypothalamus and barriers syndrome!
  • Posted

HI Jess, PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's all about how your conditions affect you in daily life. If you have issues with daily life such as washing, dressing, cooking/preparing food, going out, mobility issues then yes apply. Plenty of info on the internet about PIP discriptors. You'll need to ring PIP to start your application off. They'll then send you a rather complex form to fill in. You'll need evidence to support your claim. Just giving DR's names isn't enough. Don't leave it to them to get the eivdence because they almost never do. It's the claimants job to gather as much evidence as possible. Good luck if you do decide to apply.

• Posted

Hi Jess,

I have fibromyalgia & lupus. I claimed DLA (PIP) & I was sucessful.

It made a huge difference to me.

Go for it, you have nothing to lose, if you don't apply you'll never know.

For the sake of filling in forms & maybe a medical, you could gain quite a lot.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi ekaterina, I found your comment interesting. I wondered if you could help me? Last year in May I was diagnosed with CFS/ME, later in the year(Dec) I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, I also suffer from depression and arthritis. Though I was successful with my PIP claim in July 2016, both elements are at lower rate. Whilst I am grateful for the amount I receive it does not cover the expenses I incurr for travel to appointments or change in diet. Furthermore, now my health has deteriorated considerably. Therefore, I wondered if the diagnosis and evidence linked to Fibromyalgia may change the rate I can claim, you see I am virtually housebound,am sensitive to noise, light and many chemicals. I also struggle with memory problems, I'm sure you can guess the rest of my symptoms which  have gotten much worse over the past few months, do you think I should report these changes? Furthermore, what evidence do I need to provide to demonstrate the change to my health.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Kind regards,

Su

• Posted

HI Millie, i also claim PIP for fibromyalgia and many other conditions. Of course you can report the changes but PIP isn't about a diagnosis it's about how your conditions affect you in daily life. If your condition has got worse and you have proof of this (not just the diagnosis of fibro) proof of your difficulty with daily life. This could be Consutlant letters, GP letters, Occupational Therapist reports, A letter from someone that knows you well or even a diary from yourself. The more evidence the better.

May i ask when your award is due for renewal? If you report any changes now you're going risk what you have now. They could stop what award you have now and it has been known for them to refuse people. The likelyhood of you needing another assessment if you report these changes is most probably very high. Unless you have piles of evidence to prove your struggle in daily life.

May i ask how far you're able to walk? Please think carefully before reporting any changes. I was in your predicument last year. My condition had got worse and i did seriously consider reporting this. Having thought about it for a time i decided i was happy with what award i had and decided to wait till my review. My review was August this year.

• Posted

Hi Denise,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I have documented evidence that my condition has worsened. May review is 2018.  I can walk however, I require assistance and can't walk far without feeling breathless, dizzy and sick. I cannot walk far enough to get a bus or go into town. I am no longer allowed to drive and stuggle to remember where I am supposed to be going anyway. I keep a diary because I was advised to by the suppost personnel at the CFS clinic. I am also awaiting an appointment to go to a Fibromylagis clinic.

Kind regards,

Su

• Posted

Hi Millie,

Of course you should report these changes.

You may be able to get the higher rate, but if they don't know, they can't look into it again.

ALWAYS REPORT ANY CHANGES.

Kind regards

• Posted

It does say to always report any changes BUT IF you do report changes because you've got worse you risk losing everything you have. Yes you may also get Enhanced rate but it's not easy to get this.

• Posted

HI Millie, only you can make the decision to report the changes. Please do think carefully though before doing this. In my oppinion it's stressful enough when the review comes around with any earlier than this. Good luck what ever you decide to do.

• Posted

Ofcourse it is. They can only ssay no.

Sarah

• Posted

Yes they can say no but this may also mean they stop an existing award completely. Always think carefully before reporting changes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.