PIPs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

My wife receives PIPs. Will it affect her payments if I apply?

Will her payment be reduced if I qualify?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Richard,

I believe I am right in saying that unless the rules have changed recently, so long as you qualify you can both receive PIP payments and neither will affect the other. However if you are claiming carers allowance for your wife, then I believe that will be affected.  

There are people on here who would be better placed to answer your queries, so stand by for some replies. 

• Posted

It's not a diagnosis that gets an award. PIP is all about how your condition/s affect you daily. If you have problems in daily life with dressing/undressing, washing, eating, preparing/cooking food, going out, mobility and many other things (please search for PIP criteria) it will give you the full list. If you have these issues daily and have had them for at least 3 months and expect them to last for more than 9 months. It won't do any harm putting a claim in. You'll need evidence to prove your difficulties.

• Posted

Hi Richard, Sukes is right as long as you both qualify there's nothing stopping you claiming PIP as well. If you claim Carers allowance it may be different and would depend on the reasons you're putting in a claim for PIP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.