pips

Posted , 3 users are following.

my sister was changed from dla to pip and they have sent her a no point decision,

my sister has had two strokes, is legally blind even though they say she can read write and plan a journey!!!!

the stroke took her eye sight and her emotions so they said that she showed no distress over her situation DUH this people are idiots what can i do next and how can i make it so tey have to talk to me instead of her partner who is also disabled

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Val.

Wow that's ridiculous! I'm sorry to hear this! Firstly you have 1 month from the date of the decision to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) ring them first to ask for this then you'll need to put it in writing. You will need to look at the descriptors to see which ones apply to her then state what you think she should have scored. I would strongly advice that first thing tomorrow morning you ring CAB to get an appointment ASAP to get their help. Most MR decisions remain the same so be prepared to take it to tribunal but the MR has to come first. Make sure also you gather as much evidence as possible.

The answer to your next question is you can ring DWP and ask to become her appointee for benefit purposes. They will send someone out to see both you and your sister. It's very straight forward. They will explain everything to you both. Your sister then has to agree to let you be her appointee. You both sign a form and everything is done. Or if you didn't want to do it that way when your sister needs to ring DWP your sister can ask them to talk to you on her behalf. Hope this helps.

• Posted

thanks denise, this is helpful but her partner is her carer and he is now housebound as well and im at work so they need to fit in with my times,,,,, not good she cannot write any more so i dont see how they can say that shecan do everything for herself

• Posted

This is just absolutely terrible! I know so many people tell about the lies in the assessment reports BUT we;re talking about a blind person here that was told she's got no problem READING! eek Have you got a copy of the assessment report? If you haven't you need to ring tomorrow and ask for a copy to be sent. BUT don't wait for this before asking for that MR. I realise this is very difficult for you and believe me if there was anymore i could do to help i most certainly would! There is one thing i've thought of and that's to context your sister's local MP immediately and get him/her on the case! I can't post links here but i will private message you the link that will allow you to put your sisters postcode in and her local MP's contact details should come up. You can write on her behalf. Just tell the MP the whole story about the PIP decline and the fact that they stated she can read even though she's totally blind! This reminds me of someone else a couple of years ago a paraplegic was told they had no problems walking eek. Please check your messages and i'll send it right now. please let me know what happens. I have a lot of knowledge in PIP and other benefits. I'm not an expert but i've done my research and helped a lot of people on here.

• Posted

Hi Val, ive had a similar thing happen to me - ie the assessor writing a report that is all untrue! It's shocking that they're allowed to do this.....im gonna wait for the decision and then appeal (I'm expecting the DM to believe the assessors report).....

I'm really anxious about this - has this happened to others as well where the assessors reports is completely untrue?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.