Pips activity diary

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi guys , I have been struggling for three weeks filling this pips form in , at themoment  I am on enhanched  for both on Dla indefinite ..I know this is going to change ...the stress and worry is immense ..as you all are aware ..

anyway almost there now and welfare rights are coming next week to help me finish it ..I was wondering how to fill in the activity diary as I have seen it's worth doing one, but having difficulty explaining things on there , I can't find any help on the net for these pages ..can anyone be kind enough to advise please ...I suffer a lot of long term health problems also depression and anxiety so this trying time is not helping , but I am ready to fight for what I rightfully deserve ...

thanks in advance for reading 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Just do the diary exactly how you live your day, so if you have help for anything like washing/dressing, outting your shoes on, cooking, budgeting (anything really apart from housework as this isnt included in the descriptors) If you need help to go out because of anxiety then put this. If you use any aids like grab rails, perching stools, stair lifts, walk in showers etc then put these down and explain why you need to use them. As much detail as possible is better. Any other evidence such as Consultant reports, Occupational Therapist reports, letter fro GP, list of all current medication, anything but future appointment dates and time because this isn't the best evidence. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you Denise ..

i have gp reports ..

all meds ..waiting to see mental health , though GP has covered it ..

ok I keep forgetting to mention what I use , as I don't do much I found it hard to describe my day , but you have given me clarity now thank you ...x

i will keep you posted of the outcome though after seeing hundreds being taken off I am expecting the same and to loose my only independence ..my car sad x

• Posted

You're welcome. PIP mobility criteria is different to DLA as that was 50 metres. PIP is 20 metres for Enhanced awarded (12 points needed) but don't forget the reliablity, regularly, without pain and discomfort rule too. Plenty of info on the internet about this rule, please do take a look.

• Posted

If you google PIP reliability criteria you should find some info. Links can't be posted here, sorry.

• Posted

Don't stress too much as there are some kind assessors out there. I was on indefinite DLA for both components and I now receive enhance PIP for both components. It's not indefinitely. but for 3 years. Who knows what may happen by now and then. Take strength and courage from this. All the best

• Posted

Thank you so much ....I wil be sending it all off special delivery as I don't see mental health till two days before it's supposed to be back ....it's an awful thing to put people who are already suffering through ...did you have f2f that's my biggest concern ...

• Posted

I would advice to just sent it and have proof of posting from post office. Special delivery makes no difference at all with DWP because it's not classed as arriving until it's with the department it's going to. The DWP have a sorting office with royal mail and all post is opened and sorted into different piles depending on which department. Also it can take 7 working days for it to arrive at the department so please leave plenty of time for it to get there. Ring and ask for an extention of time if you need to. Photo copy everything you send them including the PIP2 form and keep a copy of it for yourself. Never ever send originals because they don't always return back what you send. Hope this helps and good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise , I have an extention and because I have to wait for welfare rights. It leaves only 4 days till the date it has to be back that's why I thought special ,delivery  means it will get there before 12 the next day ..I'm worried  now that they won't actually see it until after the deadline sad

• Posted

Oh dear 4 days isn't long for it to get there in time. Being signed for makes no difference in all honesty because it's not anyone from DWP that actually sign for it, it's someone from Royal Mail at the sorting office. Post does generally take around 7 working days but DWP will say up to 10 days for it to be showing on their computer. If you just get proof of posting and ring them telling them that it's been sent they'll make a note of it on the computer. Hopefully this will be find. At least then you'll have the proof of posting if they turn around and say they haven't recieved it. The only problem being is you're currently on DLA and your payments for this may just stop if they don't recieve it by the extended deadline. Sorry to have to put more stress on you but if i didn't tell you, you'd be even worse if your DLA does actually stop. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Some good advice has been offered by others.

May I suggest that you have a look at what are known as the descriptors. These are what the DWP decision maker scores the claimant on. You can find these on various webistes (CAD or Benefits & Work have details). You can use this to check which activities you can and cant do (for example, in my case, I cannot cook food using the cooker hob but could use a microwave - which falls under one of the descriptors) but would advise you write this in your words and explain why. Hope this, and the other info, is useful and if there is anything you want to know, please ask as I`m sure contributors will be able to help and advise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.