Pirepheral neuropathy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since starting keppra in the last part of 2015 to take harvoni for hepatitis c, I started coming down with some discomfort in my feet. I didn't think much of it but later on this started to get worse. I saw several doctors and finally got to see someone in neurology and they did an eng test for nerve damage. They said I have neuropathy and they are saying the hep c virus probably gave it to me but I disagree, I doing good until they put me on keppra so I could take the harvoni. I would rather live with the hepatitis c rather than live with the pain of neuropathy! If anyone else has

gotten neuropathy since starting the keppra please let me know as I can use some advice. I no longer trust doctors!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Lyrica is now prescribed for peripheral neuropathy so please do not give up!!
    • Posted

I have heard that and my doctor is reluctant to give it to me. He loves to come up with excuses and always thinks he is right about everything
    • Posted

Why is your dr reluctanct to prescribe lyrica for you?
    • Posted

I have no idea but he is one of those type of doctors that think they know it all but do nothing
    • Posted

I anow on Gabapinten and helps with the pain somewhat. I was given that by my primary care doctor and am also awaiting an appointment for a different neurologist for a second opinion and to try to get switched back o my old medication
    • Posted

Good luck. If it helped then the med will probably be changed back.

xx

• Posted

I am new here but have peripheral neuropathy. Gabapentin and Lyrica did not work for me. I was wondering if there ws any oher treatmen available?

Thanks in anticipation of your replies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.