pitiriasis versicolor and yeast infections due to hypoestrogenism?

Posted , 3 users are following.

During my childhood, I remember myself that every spring and/or autumn my mother arranged an appointment with my dermatologist because some parts of my body ( especially upper body, back, sternum, scalp with pitiriasis) were being infected by fungus. I had a diagnosis of pitiriasis versicolor and I used to follow treatment with fungural shampoo for my hair and body and sometimes antibiotics for a week.

​As I was growing the problem was not intense at all. It came back before 6 years ago ( spring of 2012 when at the same time, I noticed my first hormonal changes) In addition that period, I developed a serious vaginal yeast and transmit the yeast to my partner....sad

​Now I do not have current sexual relationships and on my last test pap it was found candida again and doctor gave me antibiotics suppositories...this period I rarely have symptoms of vaginal yeast infection.

​I firmly believe that hormonal imbalances in my body play a significant role in the growth of  my yeast infections.

​I am trying to restrict sugar and sweets and eating yogurt but as long as I have severe hypoglucemic attacks, this is very difficult.

Is there any lady with recurrent yeast infections during perimenopause?

Is it possible my body craving sweets and carbs  because of the yeast or is ti a vicious cycle due to hormonal imbalances? I am leaning towards the hormonal imbalance. 

Thank u

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I started taking a probiotic, only eat whole foods and if I eat anything processed then the carb to fiber ratio (on the box) has to be 5 or below. I take thyroid meds, combipatch and Wala! no more UTI's or yeast infections. I also take a multivitamin and vitamin D3. My urologist is amazed and so am I.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.