Pitting edema in ankels and lower legs.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 26 female. I went to nephrologist with complain of pitting edema. He wrote me a urine routine test and asked to visit only if report came abnormal so I did not visit him again. No protien, sugar, or bacteria found in urine, everything was in range. Before this I have had complete check up done. CBC showed white blood cells slightly elevated. I am having some stomach issues since long time so for this I received an antibiotic for 6 days by another doctor with minimal improvement. I have lot of bloating in stomach. I did not have any hepatits.

I am concerned as why am I having edema and it's getting bad day by day. kidney reports are coming back normal I have had it done 3 times but I have edema. Can kidney disease hide for long time and not come in reports? I have no foam in urine I eat protien rich diet. I sometimes feel a lump or on right side of my upper stomach just below ribcage while sitting but ultrasound of liver was also normal. So no liver issues too.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello newhopes123,

Why don't you have your serum creatinine tested to see if your kidneys are working OK. Also, use no added salt (NaCl) for a few days to see what happens to your pitting edema. Good luck!

• Posted

I had creatinine and lft test on 17th Feb it was normal, had one 6 months back that was also normal. 0.6 is lowest one can have. I had both the times same. I am tired of getting tested.
  • Posted

Hello again, newhopes123,

at http://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/leg-swelling/basics/causes/sym-20050910

the Mayo Clinic lists several possible reasons for edema.

• Posted

Hi waginger,

Thanks for the link. I went through it but I am confused. Nothing seems to match. I have already got tested for liver, kidney, heart I had echo test for heart. All seems fine. No issue have come in reports but swelling has been increasing. I don't know whom to consult anymore. Doctors have asked not to come again as they dont see any problem. What do I do? I feel so lost.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.