Pituitary Adenoma: Post Operative difficulties

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I had a pituitary tumor removed in middle of March 2019. It has been almost a year in a couple months, however, I have been dealing with a constant "knocking" sound I am hearing in my head. I cannot run or jump (I mean I could, but it would be extremely discomforting) because there is something in/around my head that I feel that is kind of moving (perhaps in a pendulum fashion, but I am unsure of this)... every time I feel/hear it when I walk, try to run/jump, it creates this sound that is like a slight knock on a wooden slab.

I have to irrigate my nose almost every other day or I get severe headaches and naseau, but when I skip an irrigation - I feel like the mucus that I do not clean out makes this knocking sound more prevalent.

My ENT made me feel as though I am overreacting - and he questioned if I thought I was hearing my heart beat. No. My significant other and my mom have both heard this knocking while walking next to me, but they only heard it prior to when I found out I have to irrigate my nose in order to prevent headaches (my doctors never told me I have to continue irrigating, which is another whole set of problems).

The struggle here is how I can convey this to the doctors - when I shake my head, it feels like a loose bolt that perpetuates this knocking sound. That is the only way I can describe it.. and I have tried showing them the sound, but it does not always come on command. They have seen an MRI and they said I am fine. It really sucks and discomforting because my head feels really fragile on most days and I love being active. I am hoping someone might be experiencing the same thing? Even similar?

Thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.