Pituitary symptoms but normal labs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Pituitary symptoms but normal labs

I need help. I was recently diagnoised with empty sella after I have had several years of undiagnosied or misdiagnoised illnesses. In 2007 I started with headaches, Hair Loss, Vision Loss, Abnormal menstral cycles, low calcuim High PTH and they finally diagnosed me with HyperParathyroid. this year my vison started to decline only in my left eye at distance, headaches became worse, daily nausea, abnormal facial heair, Loss in libdo, back pain, neck pain, muscle athrophy in thighs, anixety, HBP, frequent urination, adult acne, breast milky discharge,cold tolerance, absent menstral cycles, to 20 days in length when it comes back, dizzeness and I just feel horrible everyday and extremely tired where some nights i just fall asleep unexpectly, loss of memory loss and confusion to a point it scares me.

MRI shows a empty sella with pituitary gland plaster agianst the wall. All my test have been normal borderline as my doctors explains.

I am going through a medical board with the military due to my issues now. Is this in my head

My endocronlogist prescribed me bromocriptine mesylate , spironolactone 100mg just cause

All I get is theres no lab that supports whats wrong with me. I have physical symptoms but labs are normal to a degree basically. with the exception of WBC is high , RBC high, Anion Gap low for several years, Cloride high, FSH high, Glucose low, MCHC low, Monocytes High, MPV high, Neutrophils low, Potassium, low PTH high slightly,SHBG high,Urobinogen high, Vit D low, testrone low, alkaline phosphatese low.

I have no idea what this all means but they say it doesnt fit with Pituitary. What else could my symptoms be from.

I do not know where else to go.

Help me

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I've been up against this battle for 14 years! I had a tumor removed 14 years ago, another 5 years ago. All

I can say is that I've never been ok since. My labs look good, but I feel like I'm living in HELL

• Posted

They keep saying because I have normal labs and physical symptoms it's not a tumor ..I am so lost right now and frustrated

• Posted

I would demand an MRI. I was misdiagnosed for 3 years prior to surgery

Best of luck to you

• Posted

So I’ve just returned from Santa Monica for a normal

Check up...... had MRI in the valley prior and told I was clear! 

Turns out I do indeed have tumor #3 and am

Scheduling surgery 3 weeks

From now..... I knew my symptoms were back

And that I’m

Not insane 😪😪😪😪

• Posted

Hello, no, it is not all in your head. I remember shivering under heavy sweaters feeling in 50 degree weather. I remember having to hold onto the rail to climb the stairs at 30 years old, dizzy whenever I stood up, falling asleep at stoplights, needing to sit down to blow drive my hair because I felt out of breath like I had been running. The heavy siren call of sleep at 9 a.m. The normal labs, the accusations that I was an attention-starved hypochondriac at best and a selfish, lazy mother at worst. Anyway listen, I promise, this is a medical problem.

I had high intracranial pressure. Well, still do, but managed with a diuretic called Diamox. Have they looked into that with you? Do you have chronic pain at the base of your neck?

I hope you will get better soon. I know it is hard to be your own advocate.

• Posted

Lol sorry for the grammatical errors, it's past my bedtime.

• Posted

I've been fighting this battle for years. Im just now learning that this might be the problem. I've told three different doctors that something was wrong with me and eventually I ended up at a psychiatrist. After all that its a gyno who diagnosed me. Im not crazy and and it feels really good to know what's going on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.