Pituitary Tumor

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had my six months  follow-up  MRI done 3 days ago and I'm totally confused with what it says 

?this is what was in the results if anyone can help with any sort of information great otherwise ill wait until I see Neurosurgeon again Next week 

?Findings: There was no previous imaging available for review .The Pituitary gland is normal in size measuring approximately 7mm in Height.

There is a mild down sloping of the Pituitary floor on the left side ,however the gland appears uniform in signal and enhanced uniformly with no focal lesion seen.

?No supraseller or parasellar mass lesion is identified .The optic chiasm appears normal .An axial T2 series was performed through the remaining brain which was unremarkable there is no hydrocephalus 

?comment : NO FOCAL ABNORMALITY DEMONSTRATED 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I think it pretty much says

things look good

they say "no lesion"

that is important

• Posted

yeah I thought that but my previous scan showed a 7mm lesion and I cant understand if there's no lesion why do I still have the symptoms ill guess ill wait to see neurosurgeon  

• Posted

yes, neurosurgeons are very smart

I wish I could bring one to my doctor's appt

• Posted

the first thing is that they state that they did not have your previous scans (to do a comparison. (might need to follow that up.... contact PALS if necessary). they say that the gland itself measures 7mm, 

there is nothing sticking out of the pituitary chasm (the cave where it lives).

there is nothing sticking out towards the optic nerves. 

take the date of the previous MRI scans with you to the appointment - maybe the neurosurgeon will be able to find it onscreen during the appointment to have a double check to make the comparison.

you might still have symptoms because if the pituitary was squashed by the lesion then it might not have 'unsquashed' itself. not sure about the significance of the 'mild downsloping on the left'

good luck!

• Posted

Hi yes my  neurosurgeon has the first available scans but since last year I have relocated and used the same company to do the MRI scan but I have symptoms and have told my GP  and he told me to mention to neurosurgeon again 
  • Posted

The "optic chiasm" is a space that the ptituitary shares with the optic nerves. A pituitiary adenoma can expand so as to squash or even damage these nerves. For many people, their first indication of anything wrong is a field test at the optometrist showing loss of peripheral vision. Your report just says that this has not occurred, not even close.

Despite surgery, you could still have hormone imbalance, which your endo can test and compensate for. You are most unlikely to need further surgery.

• Posted

Hi there had a general eye test last week and next week ill be having a vision test but I've had no "optic chiasm"? symptoms the only symptom's are that I've noticed and family noticed  is my mood swings weight gain facial & body change with mild constant headaches my sleeping pattern and constant peeing  bones aching that's what I'm experiencing 

• Posted

Hi there has your doctor given you anything to take to help you? also my stomach is getting bigger like I'm pregnant so to speak and also the last to day I've been getting cold and hot  My Neurosurgeon said last August watchful waiting until I see him again if the adenoma had grown he will do something which will be this coming Thursday .

?my concern  is that the 6 months MRI scan says nothing wrong to my understanding and I no that something is wrong with all the symptom's I'm experiencing .

• Posted

your lucky you have a neurosurgeon

there isnt much that doctors can give you

I take melatonin , etc...

• Posted

I know going gluten free has definitely helped me

• Posted

I only take thyroxine which is 150mg daily as I've had my thyroid removed back in 2007 and cholesterol? tablet ,

?I've just got back from my GP after having another Pituitary Hormone blood test so my surgeon can compare with current MRI results  as I don't think they are accurate 

• Posted

all I can say with no certainty

is that , I would focus on tapering off any

steroids if your on them

when your given the go ahead by your doctor

and I might consider a couple of supplements

like fish oil and ginseng just

for general health

• Posted

used to take fish oil Tablets and doctor told they don't help lol

• Posted

I don't know if you've already had your surgery

but what I think your saying is your having

symptoms consistant with cushings

cushings is can be a result of many things

like steroids ( hydrocortisone, etc)

• Posted

Since August the 25th last year when i was told i had a pituitary adenoma I've had no test or medications all surgeon said watchful waiting i had a follow up mri Monday just gone an see surgeon next Thursday for results I've had no surgery just the symptoms I've described an they are getting worse daily

• Posted

I actually bought fish oil tablets again to give them another go
    • Posted

it sounds like a functional tumor

the thing is if you are going to get surgery

you really need an experienced neurosurgeon in pituitary tumors

I'm sure you will probably get surgery soon

good luck

• Posted

Neurosurgeon said he will do something if its grown but this is what I'm most recent MRI Report says but my neurosurgeon has previous CT scan with my 7mm adenoma so from my understanding its saying that there's no tumor ect  but I'm still experiencing symptom's  

Findings: There was no previous imaging available for review .The Pituitary gland is normal in size measuring approximately 7mm in Height.

There is a mild down sloping of the Pituitary floor on the left side ,however the gland appears uniform in signal and enhanced uniformly with no focal lesion seen.

?No supraseller or parasellar mass lesion is identified .The optic chiasm appears normal .An axial T2 series was performed through the remaining brain which was unremarkable there is no hydrocephalus

?comment : NO FOCAL ABNORMALITY DEMONSTRATED

• Posted

well

you could have cushings syndrome

that means , there could be a tumor in your

adrenals, etc...

Unless you've been taking steroids.

• Posted

oh, that's right,

you said you had a pituitary adenoma

I don't kjow why they'd wait if your symptomatic

• Posted

all the medical literature I've read says

do not take thyroxine if you have a

pituitary tumor

it is probably the reason you have so many symptoms

• Posted

I had thyroidectomy surgery in 2007 due to cancer so take 150mg daily of thyroxine
    • Posted

okay

but that makes it more important

to have your surgery in a timely manner

you don't want your tumor growing

You could also start taking a turmeric supplement

I just use turmeric on my food

• Posted

well I have just returned from the doctor from getting my results chloride and sodium is still high at 148 

​and still waiting on the Free F3 blood results to come back doctor said everything else is currently normal so will be taking the reports with me to Neurosurgeon as chloride and sodium is still high at 148​ compared to results 7 months ago

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.