pityreisis rosea i need help

Posted , 1 user is following.

i was diagnosed with this this morning, classic case doctor said. i have it all down my side on torso going round to the front and back of torso and up neck.

They are really itchy and i take cterizine every day for other allergies, doctor said it will go 6-8 weeks, but these are really ugly looking/ he said there isnt aanything he can give me but to moisturise.

He didnt tell me anything about PR but i dont want to google it as it might make me worry more.

can any1 help me?????

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Bad news 1st... your doctor is right it will take that long to go... in rare cases it may take longer but as I say that is rare.

However there is nothing to worry about...

The rash will not scar, the itching will go (if it hasn't already) and there is other stuff that you can try that may help (I am guessing that you will have seen other posts on here raving about head and shoulders, I too found that it helped, I also suggest using sudocreme at night and aqueous cream during the day as I found that they also seemed to help)

Hope this helps!

• Posted

[b:92b2ac38ce] Do not worry!! It will only make it worse!!

Back in october I was diagnosed with PR and within about 10 days it was gone. I found this site quite quickly and took everyones suggestions on board!! I must say head and shoulders worked miracles and i showered in it atleast once a day but not too often as i didnt want to make my skin dry out! Also i used the sunbeds atleast once every 3 days!! I believe all this helped alot in the healing process!!

Hope this helps you!!

[/b:92b2ac38ce]

• Posted

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with PR this week. Doctor prescribed antibiotic and betamethasone cream. I was also misdiagnosed with ringworm. My harald patch is located on the leg, which I found something like a month ago, started to fade. Only 10 days ago I started noticing some other lesions, much smaller, on my back, abdomen and a couple more in the legs. It all seems so slow in my case, though. I didn't have this rash explosion, but almost everyday I can count one more spot.

I hope this will go away, I've never had anything of the sort. I guess I'll try this moisturising. I was afraid to apply creams since I thought this was a fungus and didn't want to spread it all over.

• Posted

I've had this before about 8 years ago. It did take about 6-8 weeks to go; unfortunately, there is nothing you can do and it's best just to try not to think about it which is hard, I know, as I got it in the middle of the summer and felt even more self-conscious wearing polo-necked long-sleeved jumpers in July! At least in the winter, you can cover it all up biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.