Pityriasis Lichenoides or Pityriasis Rosea or Psoriasis?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I got diagnosed with Pityriasis Rosea with a physical examination today, but when I looked online it seems like there's a bunch of similar conditions: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3024165/

All I know is that anti-fungal cream did not work for me, and steroids make it less itchy but does not reduce the redness.

For the people who actually got Pityriasis Rosea - what was your diagnoses process like? Was there a skin biopsy?

Thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You are the patient, you are paying, always demand a biopsy. A scrape biopsy is all you need. They did one for me. My family doctor treated me for ringworm- fungal infection for 9 months. I finally went to a dermatologist, they did a biopsy. Painless, easy, and proper diagnosis. I had Pityriasis Rosea. It is not common to have it for more than 12 weeks, but it does happen.

You are correct, I found 5 rashes that look very similar, but are in three different categories- 1) ringworm, which you have ruled out (as I did). That is fungal and reacts to any antifungal over the counter cream. 2) contact dermatitis- a low grade allergic reaction that never gets to the epi pen, throat closing up stage, just stays a nasty skin rash that can last for years. If it reacts to Benedryl taken as directed for three days, you know what you have. 3) Pityriasis Rosea. Buy some PrrEze if it gets red in a couple of days and falls off and leaves in under a week, you had PR. 4) Lichen Planus Buy some PrrEze. If it turns lighter, stops itching, but does not go away in a week, keep using it. In the meantime, buy some LichensEze. Us that instead of the PrrEze when you get it. By end of week 2, it should start making your skin peel lightly- no pain or burning, just the rash skin sloughing off. Takes 4 to 6 weeks to get the rash under control. 5) Guttate Psoriasis- buy some PsoriasEze, use as directed. Takes 6 to 12 weeks. It will get better. 6) Granuloma Annulare- extremely rare, no clue what helps.

Bottom line, get a biopsy, that way you know what you have. Good luck!

Report Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up