Pityriasis rosea 2nd round!

Posted , 3 users are following.

So, I had pityriasis rosea before; probably hot worst case ever seen since I had this thing for about 8 months! At the time I was on cortisone creams, steroids pills from time to time that got me super fat! And some type of steroid cream that helped but it wasnt much! I recently noticed one spot and I wasn't honestly concerned...after my pityriasis rosea cleared up the first time, I would get a spot here and there sporadically but it would go away quick so I didn't make a big deal about as I read this could happen! Recently I noticed one spot, but this time it was itchy, and no matter what I put on, it just looked irritated, along with that...a few others started to pop up different parts of my body! So now I know this isn't a drill, something is happening again! Bit this time I want to tackle this before it gets uglier and more spread out! So for those of you who had this or are currently dealing with it, what home remedies are you currently trying and what approa8are you taking to make this go away faster? I dont want to take steroids medication that just hide the symptoms and then pops back and worse once you're done with the medication! I really appreciate any input and piece of advice you can share with me!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think getting on acyclovir early is what helped clear my daughter’s rash so quickly.  We also did ester-c, coconut oil capsules, and omega-3, along with sunning for about 10 minutes each side several times a week and bathing in head and shoulders shampoo... but the acyclovir was key, in my opinion.  Hoping you have quick resolution this time!
    • Posted

Thank you Nicole! I'm definitely trying all of that, I read on previous post about the head and shoulders shampoo and coconut oil, as well as sun bathing! I was 23 when I first got it and I honestly was so depressed since I had it for so long and at the time, I wasn't able to find much about online so I let it run its course, now I'm 30 with this again. I'll do everything in my power to make it go away ASAP!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.