Pityriasis Rosea

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am curretnly suffering from a skin condition called pityriasis rosea. I had a fever about 2 weeks before then one morning i noticed faint rash about 4 spots on my belly went to see the nurse she said pityriasis rosea take anti histamene and moisturise. So i did a week later it got worse im mean its on my face,neck,back ,arms,legs & hands. so i went back to my surgery and saw a doctor who said the same thing its pityriasis rosea told me to keep taking anti histamene and moisturise and she also gave me a shampoo called selsun blue which i have been bathing in and smothering my body in before rinsing it off, but my goodness does it sting i find to sit and let the cream dry naturally helps reduce stinging i havent tried anything else yet its been nearly 2 weeks im getting really depressed with this now as i recently recoverd from knee surgery now i have this! would be extremley grateful to hear about others experince with this and what help you XOXOX

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Pityriasis rosea should not burn unless you are scratching it. Stop scratching it and it shouldn't burn but the rash is not known to burn or itch. It's possible that it itches mine rarely does, but talk to your doctor about the burning sensation, cause it's very uncommon for it to burn like the way you are describing it. 
    • Posted

You're welcome and good luck. Mines at the peak so it looks like I'm gonna die.  Lol don't be scared if it gets too out of control. Good luck to you, my friend. 
    • Posted

Thank you good luck to you too! thought id let you know incase it helps for you i decided to stop uses the selsun blue and bathed in oiltaltum and then used epederm after today there is some improvment! smile good luck to you too its not a good thing to get is it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.