Pityriasis rosea

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've had mine now for 3 weeks it's spread to my face ,i dont see any light in this tunnel and feel very depressed .

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I know that feeling. I had some on my face and while it wasn't highly noticeable to anyone else, I saw it and felt awful that it was there. I did find that using oatmeal masks helped, though! Oatmeal is great for soothing inflammation, redness and rashes. You can grind it up in a blender and add some water (I added rosewater) to make a paste to put on your face once a day or a few times a week, and see if it helps. I swear by  raw shea butter too, because it's great for helping skin heal.

There IS light at the end of the tunnel because this rash never lasts forever. My skin is very clear now and you'd never know I had a rash anywhere on it! The downside is that the tunnel (PR) can feel very long. 

Good luck!

• Posted

my daughter is at week 8 now....our doctor said it takes time, like well beyond the 8 weeks.  the rash was red then discolored on her face as well, and all over. but she i using makeup now to help even it out. it's towards the end now and i definitely see an improvement, it's just not as fast as we would like it to be.  good luck, hope it moves along fast for you. 

• Posted

Hello Heidi, I started quite a long answer to you but seem to have 'lost' it.  Anyway, there are many on this blog with help re 'their own way of getting rid of PR.'  Please see blogs from Nichole 93135 & Rosea 901 for their way of getting rid of this horrible infliction.  The very best of luck.

• Posted

Please don't get too depressed. It goes away. I know the feeling and it's frustrating, but there IS light at the end of the tunnel. It goes through a process like most diseases. I had it for 3-4 weeks and now 8 months later, most of the scarring is almost gone. Take care.

• Posted

Hang in there. I had it for 14 months. Most people only have it for 8 to 12 weeks, so you are at least 1/3 of the way through! 
    • Posted

Hi

its great you finally get rid of these. please tell me how you handle the scars what medication you used to get rid of PR scars. since i am carrying its scars from last 3 months and no major clearance

• Posted

Hello Heidi, hope you are feeling a bit more positive (although PR does tend to make one feel very low)  And anyone else out there with this dreadful 'thing.'  I really think someone 'up there' seems to pick out those of us 'HE' thinks can cope...or rather gives us the extra burden - and the ability to be able to let others know they are not alone.  Please try out anything that will give you some relief.  Sending warm wishes for a speedy recovery.    

• Posted

I feel pretty rubbish, not 100% I have pityriasis rosea but I have all the symptoms and I feel v run down :-( Convinced myself I had ringworm but now I'm not so sure, I had  never heard of this before xx

• Posted

You must try Prreze cream!!! 

You can buy it on amazon. It completely changed the look of my PR in about 5 days!! It's worth the money. 

• Posted

Many thanks for the information re Prreze cream for making spots/rash disappear MR0203.  I do hope your message helps others who are worried about their Pityriasis Rosea rash/spots. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.