Pityriasis Rosea

Posted , 2 users are following.

I noticed a really dry patch of flaky skin around December of 2017 today is 7/3/18. Being that it wasn't bothering me I applied A&D ointment. The A&D ointment made it go away and come back several times. Months later I discovered the same patch on my back when both the patches became itchy PR began to spread. I developed PR on my really bad on my chest, chin, under my right eye, around lower stomach and back, lower thighs, behind both knees, and groin area. The spots on my arms are very small and not really a bother. I tried treating it myself for weeks and finally went to ER after realizing what I was doing wasn't helping. I went to the ER 4 times I was diagnose with Eczema at one ER and Ringworm at another. They gave me creams and antibiotics it only got worse and I couldn't help but scratch all the time, it became severely itchy. Finally got into to see Dermatologist being that someone canceled their appt, I called out of work yesterday 7/2/18 and went in. Dermatologist diagnosed me with PR he prescribed me w/ Prednisone 20mg to take each morning for a week and then one each morning for a week, and he also prescribed me with a thick steroid cream. Right after my appt I went home to eat and took two pills and took a bath and applied cream I felt instant relief. That was just yesterday and I already see my patches drying up. The patches on my chin had been very dry and hard all morning but around 4:30PM the dry skin started hanging from my chin. I peeled the skin off and my chin look 90% better!!! I see dermo again next Monday 7/9/18 and hopefully by then it'll be halfway gone!! I do recommend to not treat it yourself and whatever you do DON'T GIVE UP!! Just keep in mind once it goes away it WILL NOT RETURN!!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

So glad the steroid cream is helping. If you read some of the posts here about PR, you will see that this is not the case for most of us. Keep us posted!
  • Posted

My skin is literally drying up within a matter of days no more itching my only problem now is finding the best lotion to keep my skin moisturized. I've been told that after I'm done with the pills and cream Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion would be best to use for skin repair. Also there are many different types of Steroid creams once Dermatologist diagnose you w/ PR he can determine which cream to prescribe to you based on what stage your PR is in. Again this is nothing that can be cured on your own going to Dermatologist is highly recommended for fast results and relief!!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.