Pityriasis Rosea

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had PR for 5 weeks, i am 52 years old, it started of as a herald patch then the spots appeared. i went to the doctor he thought it was just a reaction rash however I went to another doctor and he confirmed it was PR.

At First it was not itchy at all there were no other symptoms except just the rash on torso but after about a week it become itchy and spread further onto my upper thighs and a little bit on my lower legs, it never went on my hands feet or face but was also on my neck.

I used head and shoulders shampoo and an antihistamine tablet such as Telfast every day as a full body wash which I believed helped. I was told to go into the ocean however, I was initially reluctant to do so but I wish I did it earlier as this had the biggest impact on curing the rash. After going in the ocean I let the water naturally dry on my skin, it feels like a burning sensation for about 10 minutes after, the next day the rash had subsided substantially. As it was winter it was very cold in the ocean so I decided to get a bucket of water from the ocean and use a flannel to dab the water on the rash that speed up the curing time .

The worst thing about this rash is the itchiness I found that covering your whole body with sorbelene cream every morning and at night certainly helped ease the itching and allowed me to sleep.

I’m in my fifth week now and the rash has pretty much gone it has left some white blotchy marks on my arm where my arms were tanned however, I believe this will go away with gentle sun and normal tanning. Good luck to everyone it will go away it is quite uncomfortable during the skin peeling stage as its very itchy, use sorbelene cream.

The only good thing is alot of my Freckles have cleared up on my chest and back and my skin is much better than it was before the rash. My skin now feels a lot softer and supple and looks better.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.