Pityriasis rosea and stomach pains?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, does anyone have any experience of abdominal pain caused by PR? MY daughter was just diagnosed today (she is 10) and was in hospital last week due to her severe tummy pain. She has had this for nearly 6 weeks, and has missed school all this time, so very severe, but Wednesday last week suddenly got even worse and unable to walk unaided.

i am hoping that the increase in severity may be in part due to the PR as have seen anecdotal evidence of ab pain, and tummy problems mentioned on nhs page but wondered how common this is.  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

When I say she has had this for 6 weeks, I mean the tummy pain. Her herald spot appeared about Thursday last week.
  • Posted

WOW!!!! How nasty for both of you. I am commenting only because of her condition, not because I had any tummy syptoms. I had sores in my mouth, and food tasted weird. Beyond that, only the itching and rash.

I hope they get your daughter's symptoms sorted out quickly!

• Posted

thats dreadful especially when she is so young. I had severe stomach cramps (but could be due to chromic gastritis I have) and very swollen lymph glands with fever  (looked I had mumps) which lasted for 3/4 weeks inspite of antibiotics . All this was a few weeks before I noticed the herald patches. Some reseach has linked PR with a strain of the herpes virus but the dermatologist said no one knows for sure why someone gets it 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.