Pityriasis Rosea from cats

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently forgot my keys inside the house and my partner wasn't coming back till night, so I went to a friends house who lives 5 minutes from my house. My friend has 2 cats, they seemed like they were feeling itchy, so they were scratching themselves on my legs etc. (friend hasn't been taking her cats for checkups because it's too expensive she said). Long story short the next day Pityriasis Rosea started on my back, the first redness was a massive round compare to the rest that showed up after.

I went to walk-in-centre and the lady told me that she knows exactly what it is, but there's no cure for it. She did not tell me that it would get worse before it gets better.

I went when I had a couple, after coming back from walk-in-centre it became a lot. I'm currently showering 3 times a day. It feels itchy, but it burns when I touch it so water calms it down. I use Aveeno lotion mixed with 100% coconut oil. I tried E45 it made my skin feel nice but it made my skin look more dry so I stopped using it. This is my second week and it looks like it's just getting started (so more and more smaller bumps are appearing)

The lady told me it would take 3 weeks or more to stop but we'll see. Would like to hear any of your Pityriasis Rosea stories after being around cats.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

the cats were scratching themselves on your legs? Do you mean rubbing on your legs? They do that because they want attention. They dont give humans PR. Your PR should be gone by now, can you update us?

• Posted

Hi,

Interesting that you think you might have got it from cats, when lockdown started I came home to stay with family and we have a family cat. And at first I thought the small spots I had were flea bites, but then I've researched and I'm pretty sure I have PR (it doesn't seem like ringworm). I was trying to read if it was possible that something triggered the PR to happen, like maybe from the cat but it seems like the research into what really causes PR is vague.

How are you getting on so far? I think I'm on my 6th week so far and feeling pretty down about it.

• Posted

That is misinformation. You dont get PR from cats, or any other animal. There are people who are never around cats who get it. I hope yours clears up soon. Try not to worry so much, stress isnt good for it, and as soon as you stop worrying so much, bam it will start clearing up..if in fact it is PR.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.