Pityriasis Rosea: IT GETS BETTER

Posted , 4 users are following.

honestly, it really does. I have the same stories as others, started with an itch and then exploded all over me. I cried, I was sad, hot water made it worse. LOOKING AT IT makes it worse.  Mine is now going away, it’s been about 3-4 weeks. I know people advise many things but my suggestions are simple. Just go as natural as possible, no ointments or pills or tanning beds.

1. Avoid looking at it, especially after a shower, even if you have to turn out the lights to get dressed

2.  It is linked to stress so whatever has been giving you heartache and anxiety, you have to find a way to make peace with it and not get anxious 

3. Luke warm or cool showers, I really only did the “hot spots” I didn’t really wash the infected areas 

4. Know that it WILL go away, don’t be discouraged, I promise it will get better! 

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello - glad to hear your pr Is going away.  I’ve had it now going on to week 3.  Do you recall when it stopped spreading? Because I would think by now going on to week 3 it would stop spreading. 
    • Posted

That happened to me too! I thought it was done spreading around week three and then I saw it crawl up my arm. I would say around week 4 for me, it stopped spreading but every person is different. just don’t let it get to you, I know easier said than done. On the bright side, at least it’s still winter so we can cover it up. But try not to t
    • Posted

try not to think about or let it consume you. It will go away! 
  • Posted

My daughter who is 7  years old has atypical pityriasis rosea and she had it since January 22. Her back is ok compared to the front and legs and arms.  I will try the Aveeno oatmeal bath as she does not like the feel of The hydrocortisone cream.  I saw trying the hydrocortisone cream to give her some relief from the itch. At night time, I just give her a quick shower. It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you are in.  I read a lot of discussion in this forum and it's nice to know that we are not alone in this. Thanks for sharing your story. Have a good day!

• Posted

Absolutely! It can be very hard the light but it’s there! Once you see the first flakes of it drying, it’s a sign of hope that it’s almost over! It honestly disappears off your skin as if it never happened, no scarring or anything, the human body is amazing! Keep your spirits high! 
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your kind words and your words of encouragement. I am happy that I have found this forum as it is nice to be able to speak to a community who understands the situation. Wishing you a great day!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.