Pityriasis rosea - little bumps under the skin?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I've had the full blown rash for 2 weeks now. It took about 3 weeks to appear after my herald patch first showed up on my upper chest. It is itchy as hell and is covering my entire chest, stomach, back and tops of my thighs. In all these places the rash is the standard oval patches, sometimes quite big, sometimes flaky. On my inner arms though and on to my hands the rash comes as very small 'bumpy' pin pricks. Does anyone else get this? This part of the rash only appeared yesterday. It and the rest of the rash are showing no signs of getting better. I'm going to try the sunbed option and see if that works. I have a steroid cream but that doesn't seem to do much. This is the most frustrating disease!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have the little bump form all over my face! I had been told it rarely spreads there, but this is my fouth week and it's moved on up onto my cheeks, chin etc...

I've been to the tanning salon tonight as my last hope. I've tried all the creams and lotions to no avail. Now I guess its a waiting game to see...

• Posted

I have the little lumps along with the larger patches, which are either red and ichy or flaking.

My Herald patch appeared at the end of December and the first signs of the rash appeared at the begining of Feb on my neck. (I think this was delayed as I had a weeks holiday in the sun, early Jan). I went to the doctor at the begining of Feb, he diagnosed a fungal infection and gave me steroid cream that didn't work. The rash spread to my chest, back, face, and hairline. I then saw another doctor who said I know what this - it's pityriasis rosea. She said a friend had also suffered from it and there was nothing you could do, only let it take it's time.

The rash has spread further and become VERY itchy. The rash is worse after a shower, very red and ichy. I have used all sorts of creams and use Aveeno shower oil.

I went to the doctors last week as the rash on my neck and inside my arms looks terrible and I am begining to get quite stressed by having to keep covering it up. I saw a different doctor who said that it's not pityriasis rosea as it's gone on too long, it shouldn't be itchy and pityriasis rosea is quite rare!!! He obviously hasn't read this website. He said it was an allergy and gave me some strong antihistimine tablets, which he said would stop the itching and take the rash away - guess what still got the rash and still itchy.

I've now decided to try a sunbed so I would be very gratefull for any comments from people who tried this. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.